`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Latest in Hobby Shenanigans - Shipping Without Toploaders!

RE: The Latest in Hobby Shenanigans - Shipping Without Toploaders!
Yup yup. Ridiculous.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

(03-07-2023, 09:29 PM)hempick Wrote: Yup yup.  Ridiculous.
They could take one small piece of the half a roll they use to seal the envelope and put it over the top loader instead.

That would make too much sense

I did get a very nice, new Christian McCaffrey 2022 Zenith base card for my 49ers PC sent in a penny sleeve, toploader and team bag.

Well done!

That's the way I do all of mine. Penny sleeve, top loader, and team bag. Can't really go wrong there.

(03-09-2023, 08:27 PM)hempick Wrote: That's the way I do all of mine.  Penny sleeve, top loader, and team bag.  Can't really go wrong there.
I mean ... it's not hard.

Yet so many choose to make it that way.

To be fair, I'm sure if someone is selling a card for 12 cents with free shipping, they're going to cut costs any way they can.

But ... also not my problem.

Got about half a dozen DBay cards coming in this week, we’ll see how they do.

Not a good start to this week's mail:

- Ronnie Lott RC (USC PC) - toploader but no penny sleeve

- Aidan Hutchinson and Jameson Williams Donruss Rated Rookies - both cards jammed into one penny sleeve, no toploader, guess what - Hutch has a dinged corner ... not happy

- Max Muncy and Mauricio Luciano Bowman Draft cards - two cards, one sleeve, jammed into one toploader

I should just start listing these people's eBay IDs so that you know to stay away from them.

This isn't hard - penny sleeve, toploader, masking tape or team bag.

Always.

What do you do in terms of feedback for transactions like those?

(03-13-2023, 10:39 PM)hempick Wrote: What do you do in terms of feedback for transactions like those?
If the card is still OK, I leave a positive but say something like “great card, thanks, please use a penny sleeve next time” or whatever.

(The Ronnie Lott RC is actually in really nice condition, I got a really good deal at $2 shipped.)

The exception to that is if they specifically say in the description how it will be sent, then I let them slide because that’s on me to read the description and be OK with it.

Which brings us to the Hutch card. I messaged the seller and asked what he wanted to do … he gave me a full refund and didn’t ask for the card back, so I’ll leave a positive like “honest seller gave full refund on damaged card, please clarify shipping method before you buy” or something like that.

Basically I try not to give negative feedback unless the seller goes out of his way to be rude or difficult.

Say for example the seller never replied on the Hutch … I would give neutral feedback like “card received, jammed into penny sleeve with another card, corner was bent, next time please use separate sleeves and top loaders.”

I pretty much just try to be as factual as possible.

These people know what they are (and aren’t) doing.

Cards and card supplies have been around a long time … being cheap and/or lazy is not my problem.