`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who collects the Oversized 5x7 cards?

Who collects the Oversized 5x7 cards?
I have really started to pick up some of these. I know for a long time the vast majority of collectors stayed away from them because of their size and difficulty in protecting/storing them. But I have noticed over the last 6 months to year the prices on them have skyrocketed.  Ones I bought last year for $9.99 are now going for $40-$50 or more and your top stars are in the $100+ range.

Anyone else collect them that notice the same thing?

RE: Who collects the Oversized 5x7 cards?
Are you talking about the ones that come from Topps Online? I collect the Yankees, though I don't know if any of them have appreciated. I know a lot of people who won't collect anything that isn't 2 1/2" x 3 1/2", but I don't see how difficult it is to order 2 pocket sheets. I don't know, I just like them and when I can get them for the right price (next to nothing) I buy them.

I like them and buy 5x7 sleeves and top loaders for them. I hadn't noticed any skyrocketing in price, but then again I am mostly buying ones of players I collect which aren't necessarily hot in the market by any means.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

I've got a few 5x7's of Bob Feller I had the pleasure of meeting at a card show in WV. Think it was in the late 70's. The show, not Bob, LOL.
Got them graded by BGS and they look great. Also sent in 3 last year of Panarin, Bennett and Rantanen.
I'm not sure of the demand for them, but they look great.