`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crazy year, missed the annual forum mock drafts

Crazy year, missed the annual forum mock drafts
This first part of the year has been so crazy for me, I never got around to doing the Forum mocks like I have for...I don't know how many years now! With time running short, I don't have time to get you all answer poll questions, so I thought I'd post what I've come up with, and if you guys want to jump in and take a shot too, help yourselves! nfl.com has a fun mock draft simulator right now that you can pick all 7 rounds for your team including trades! I plan on doing that if I have the time and for fun for each team to see what I can do for them. 

Below are my picks on what I think the team WILL do, and then what I think they SHOULD do. Here goes!

1. Jags- T. Lawrence-QB- This seems like a total lock. I'd say its 97% sure to happen, but I'm leaving a 3% chance that it's actually Fields here, just because Urban has been such a crazy Ohio fanboy. I totally agree with them taking Lawrence.
2. Jets- Z. Wilson-QB- Again, this seems like another lock, and I've been high on him since this past college season. I think he could be a Baker Mayfield, with a higher ceiling. I totally agree with this pick.
3. 49ers- Mac Jones-QB- From everything I'm reading, this is where they are going. I totally don't agree with this pick. Even though I'm not a huge fan of Fields, I'd take a chance on Fields before Jones at 3. Take Fields!
4. Falcons- K. Pitts- TE- Falcons have so many holes to try and fill to be a contender, but the first stop is to win your division. I don't see anyone trading up to 4, so if they stay, the best chance they have at the division is outscoring the Buccs. Pitts will help them do that, as well as give them insurance against Julio being injured or retiring. I'd be happy with this pick.
5. Bengals- P. Sewell-OT- He's raw, but I don't think the Bengals should complicate things here. Chase or Pitts if he were here would be really tempting, but they could still have a shot at a decent WR in round 2, and they get their LT for the next 10+ years. I'd agree with this pick.
6. Dolphins- J. Chase-WR- Dolphins land their #1 wr. I agree with this pick. What I think SHOULD happen though is that the Bears should package #20, Khalil Mack, and a 1st next year, to move up and pick Fields. Dolphins land another 1st next year, and add a huge playmaker on the D-line. They could take a WR lower and this would still feel like a win. 
7. TRADE- Broncos- J. Fields-QB- Broncs trade #9 and a third or so to move ahead of the Panthers to add Fields to compete with Lock. I'd feel good about this move. 
8. Panthers- M. Parsons- LB- I think WR and CB could be in play here, but they haven't been the same on defense since losing Kuechly. Plus, with the way the Buccs are built, having a guy like Parsons could be huge! 
9. Lions- D. Smith-WR- Detroit dropped two spots, and I think the only way to start a rebuild is to take the best players. I feel like Smith is the best player at this point on the board. Plus, Goff has to throw to someone! 
10. Cowboys- P. Surtain-CB- This feels like a lock to me. I think OT could be an option as well, but Surtain just makes sense. 
11- TRADE- Vikings- R. Slater- OT- Vikings can't believe their luck, and trade up a few spots to get the 2nd best OT. They have to move over the Eagles and the Chargers if they want to secure him. 
12. Eagles- A. Vera-Tucker-OL- I think there's a better tackle, but this guy can play 4, or maybe all 5 OL spots. With the Eagles history of injuries, he makes sense. 
13. Chargers- C. Darrisaw-OT- If he is still here, I think the Chargers run the card up. 
14. Giants- K. Paye- DE- Giants don't normally move in the draft, but I think they know they can get their guy lower than their #11 spot. 
15. TRADE- Bears- Trey Lance-QB- Wait, what about the Patriots needing  a QB you say?! Well, I believe Garappolo ends up back in NE in a trade of 2nd and 3rds or something like that. Patriots drop a few spots and Bears take a swing. 
16. Cardinals- J. Waddle-WR- I don't think the Cardinals could pass on Waddle if he fell here. He might see the same fall that Ruggs had last year because of his size and all the other needs of the teams ahead. Cardinals could use more OL or a CB, but they seem all in for the next year or 2, and this would just be criminal to have these toys for Murray. 
17. Raiders- J.C. Horne-CB- If you can't get sacks, you gotta cover. Raiders added some DL help in FA, so they take the #2 CB here. 
18. Dolphins- JOK- LB- Dolphins add a chess piece on defense who can be a leader. Adding a guy like this closes the gap on the Bills and will help cover the patriot TEs.
19. Washington- T. Jenkins- OL- Jenkins can play G or T for the WFT. 
20. Patriots- C. Farley-CB- I don't see the Patriots drafting a WR in the first again. Farley doesn't have to play right away, and can step into Gilmore's spot next year. 
21. Colts- L. Eichenberg-OT- Colts would be thrilled to add this guy. Need and value at the same place. 
22. Titans- G. Newsome-CB- Need and value again. 
23. Jets- C. Barmore- DT- We know that Saleh loves his DL, so adding the best DT in the draft to go with the ones already there, seems like a move that makes sense. I'd say add a WR or RB personally. But this seems more likely. 
24. Steelers-A. Leatherwood-OL- I think if the board falls this way, they'll take a shot here. Quality OL are running out. 
25. Jaguars- R. Bateman-WR- Chark needs help, so they draft a guy some have compared to the next Davante Adams. 
26.  Browns- J. Phillips- DE- Signing Clowney means they can give Phillips time to acclimate with his injury history. 
27. Ravens- J. Tryon-Edge- Ravens seem to favor production over raw talent in their picks, so while not as flashy as some, this seems like a logical fit. 
28. Saints- E. Moore- Lots of needs for the Saints, but with most of the solid CBs gone, they get a guy who can help out whoever their QB is. 
29. Packers- A. Samuel Jr.-CB- Typical Packers, they sit back and wait. I'd love them to draft a LB or WR here, but they don't seem to like to do either. While I agree we need a CB, ILB has been a pain for years. I'd rather go LB. 
30. Bills-N. Harris- RB- Bills want an upgrade at the spot, and the best runner in the draft falls into their lap. 
31. Ravens- T. Marshall-WR- Ravens could really trade back here if someone want's to move up. But if they stay, a WR makes sense. They'll wait on a RT until later.
32. Buccs- J. Oweh- Edge- They can do whatever they want here. Oweh is raw, and can learn a year behind JPP, so I give them this guy. They could be another trade out candidate. 

There we go, let's see how I do! What are your picks?

RE: Crazy year, missed the annual forum mock drafts
(04-26-2021, 03:26 PM)savagenate Wrote: 2, and they get their LT for the next 10+ years. I'd agree with this pick.
Bengals get their LT for the next 5 seasons. Then he signs a big money deal with a team willing to spend money. In the meantime the Bengals continue aspiring to 8-8.

(04-26-2021, 03:26 PM)savagenate Wrote: 15. TRADE- Bears- Trey Lance-QB- Wait, what about the Patriots needing  a QB you say?! Well, I believe Garappolo ends up back in NE in a trade of 2nd and 3rds or something like that. Patriots drop a few spots and Bears take a swing. 
You're dead to me.

I don't put it past the Bears to actually draft him, but they'd be drafting the same kind of QB they just jettisoned in favor of Foles/Dalton.

Both are athletic QBs who can make plays with their legs
Both have strong arms but aren't accurate
Both have small bodies of work, 1 full season as a starting QB

I'd rather the Bears be sensible and draft OL, DT, or CB. Take a QB in the 2nd or 3rd if he's got high upside. I really wish they hadn't cut Fuller, what a dumb move that was. I hope he gets 12 picks for Denver this year.

I hope Pitts falls to Carolina, but I think the Falcons will take him, which it makes it worse because of the rivalry. If Sewell or Pitts isn't there at #8, I'd like to see Carolina go Parsons, Slater, or trade down and get capital.
Tampa can do whatever they want. That makes me not happy, as they are divisional rivals.
The real question is where Chris Rumph lands. Maybe the Panthers will take him. Maybe.
Please reach out with any/all inquiries regarding sending me Riley Leonard cards.
WANTS:
RILEY LEONARD/Jake Bobo
Tre Jones
Cam Newton/Christian McCaffrey
2015/2017 Panthers

(04-26-2021, 05:23 PM)jplarson Wrote: Bengals get their LT for the next 5 seasons.  Then he signs a big money deal with a team willing to spend money.  In the meantime the Bengals continue aspiring to 8-8.

You're dead to me.

I don't put it past the Bears to actually draft him, but they'd be drafting the same kind of QB they just jettisoned in favor of Foles/Dalton.

Both are athletic QBs who can make plays with their legs
Both have strong arms but aren't accurate
Both have small bodies of work, 1 full season as a starting QB

I'd rather the Bears be sensible and draft OL, DT, or CB.  Take a QB in the 2nd or 3rd if he's got high upside.  I really wish they hadn't cut Fuller, what a dumb move that was.  I hope he gets 12 picks for Denver this year.
It fits a desperate coach right? Lol. What about my idea of mortgaging things to move up to get Fields at 6?

(04-26-2021, 10:22 PM)CMCFan22 Wrote: I hope Pitts falls to Carolina, but I think the Falcons will take him, which it makes it worse because of the rivalry. If Sewell or Pitts isn't there at #8, I'd like to see Carolina go Parsons, Slater, or trade down and get capital.
Tampa can do whatever they want. That makes me not happy, as they are divisional rivals.
The real question is where Chris Rumph lands. Maybe the Panthers will take him. Maybe.
I think Pitts and JOK are my favorite players in the draft...unfortunately neither will be a packer minus divine intervention lol.

I hope the smoke behind Jones is real and he drops to the back half of the top 10 and New England jumps up for him. I don't get the hate for him. Although I am biased. Have people already forgotten the national title game?
Collect BARRY SANDERS, Tom Brady, Bama Alums and Randy Moss
[Image: cfFrftN.png]
I only give DC for trades over $50

Jones does seem like the absolute perfect Patriot QB. Comes from a school that Bellicheat loves, has some Brady traits, and distributes the ball. It'd be a match made in heaven.

(04-28-2021, 09:19 AM)foleylion08 Wrote: I hope the smoke behind Jones is real and he drops to the back half of the top 10 and New England jumps up for him. I don't get the hate for him. Although I am biased. Have people already forgotten the national title game?
You have to be over the moon happy after last night - Patriots were able to get him without even moving.  The other Alabama players seem to have went to good places too - especially Devonta Smith who should finally be the receiver the Eagles need

I'm very happy too - Eagles got the player they would have gotten at 6 (there is no doubt, they would have taken Smith at six and I would have been happy with it) and Smith and Reager should make for a great pair 

Even better, Panini Instant still had the Panini Instant Smith auto card available this morning - while $199 is too expensive under normal circumstances, with the current football card market it will save me a lot of money - now that I know that Smith is an Eagle, I'll take the sure thing in getting the card I want and not have to worry about buying any more 2021 football cards.  So it will actually save me money.

Well so much for my mock. I got 3 right...but all 3 didn't take much guessing, pretty much everyone had them. Lawrence, Wilson, and Pitts. I got some positions right, but wrong players lol. Oh well...