`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USPS question

USPS question
Does mail move faster west to east than east to west?  I completed a trade yesterday and both of us have mailed their end on the same day.  I checked the tracking numbers and the one I mailed which is going west to east will be there Tuesday and the one coming to me going east to west will get here on Wednesday.  Does this make sense?

RE: USPS question
The jet stream always goes west to east.

Not sure about East-West or vice-versa but it's always faster North to South because it's all downhill.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I don’t believe there is any rhyme or reason to the mail delivery lately... you get it when you get it. Priority isn’t a priority any more and 1st class is treated like it’s sitting in coach. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Case in point, I just sent a package out from an eBay sale to their overseas distribution center in Kentucky.
Following the tracking, the package was sent to Upstate New York, and is now being sent down to Miami for some reason, and will most likely be sent to Kentucky from there. Why go the shortest distance when you can give the package a little tour of the USA before getting it out of the country to its new owner. Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(04-11-2021, 05:00 PM)DrMitchJ Wrote: I don’t believe there is any rhyme or reason to the mail delivery lately...  you get it when you get it. Priority isn’t a priority any more and 1st class is treated like it’s sitting in coach. Smile
USPS delivery times are sporadic at best.  On Saturday, the mailman didn't deliver until after 7 p.m.

My wife ordered something from Amazon on March 30th, that just arrived this past Saturday.

IMO, we should sell the rights to the post office to the highest bidder and cut our losses.  It's only going to become more expensive and slower in the future!
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

The best way to screw things up is to let the government be in charge. Not because I am anti-government...I think EVERYONE should pay 12% tax rate. But, so much red tape and waste of resources is commonplace, and everyone spends time pointing the blame on each other rather than how to fix it.