`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rookie cards with more than one player

Rookie cards with more than one player
How do you guys feel about rookie cards with multiple players on them.  I much prefer cards with one rookie on them.

RE: Rookie cards with more than one player
Due to the fact that 80% of all rookies don’t ‘make it’ there’s a sort of economy of space having 3-4 rookies of 1 team on 1 card. As far as the argument of ‘less valuable’ ... well, that never affected the Pete Rose RC, Nolan Ryan RC or the Cal Ripken RC value very much.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

My boy Dylan Carlson is on a Topps Heritage rc with some guy from Seattle that I have never heard of.  If he was on the card with another Cardinals rookie, I guess it would be ok.

(04-09-2021, 12:46 PM)cspen Wrote: My boy Dylan Carlson is on a Topps Heritage rc with some guy from Seattle that I have never heard of.  If he was on the card with another Cardinals rookie, I guess it would be ok.
Typically, you don't want to be associated with Mariners prospects, until they get traded to another team!  Tongue
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

Bob Bonner and Jeff Schneider probably like the idea.
I'm always open to trading.  My wants are varied (multiple sets from 1980 to now and some misc. players) and all my wants are marked.  Open offers welcome!

Trade Scans

I personally hate more than one player name on a card but that's just me. Especially when you sort all your cards by player name.
LF:  Kyle Tucker, Ryan Mountcastle, Shane Bieber, Alex Bohm, Joe Ryan, & Dale Murphy

Bad traders: almostbaker, beantownsfinest, thespirit33, GRIFFEY MAN 1

(04-09-2021, 10:29 AM)cspen Wrote: How do you guys feel about rookie cards with multiple players on them.  I much prefer cards with one rookie on them.
I like it with the ‘80s (and earlier) rookies. But I wouldn’t want it to be over done. For example, I like the ‘82 Topps Ripken, but I wouldn’t want his other rookies to be shared with other players.
Collecting 2010 Bowman, 80s oddball rookies, and '89 Griffeys.

I would say it is not my preference either.

Topps Heritage is just replicating the era.  Do they do it in any other product?

I don't mind it for older cards/sets though I would prefer an individual card if available.  Not sure if they do it for newer cards/sets but I don't see the point as it seems many of the sets have a much smaller checklist anyway so just give each person an individual card.

Ask me 10 years from now if I like a specific rookie card with multiple players / teams released in 2021. Really doesn't matter to me. (I am assuming I'm still around in 10 years - LOL)
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.