`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Performance Enhancing Drugs & Baseball HOF

Performance Enhancing Drugs & Baseball HOF
Personally, I have no problem with PED users like Barry Bonds, Sammy Sosa or Mark McGwire getting into the HOF. Major League Baseball didn't care, when these players were helping bring fans into stadiums, bringing in billions of dollars, and helping their teams win world series championships. Why care now?

I have no doubt that some of these players took performance enhancing drugs, like steroids.
I also have no doubt that many of these players did it without their knowledge. Baseball is a multi-billion dollar a year business. Many teams would think nothing of giving a player what they think is a flu vaccine (or COVID vaccine) however is in reality steroids. Or of spiking a players energy drink, like Redbull.

Look at Roger Clemens. He was one of the greatest pitchers of his era. He even testified before Congress about steroids in baseball. They didn't believe him, and charged him with perjury. Clemens BEAT them in court, and was found not guilty. Then years after he retired, a NY Yankees trainer said he injected Clemens. He provided NO evidence. Isn't Clemens innocent until proven guilty?

Scott Boa
Ingersoll, Ontario

RE: Performance Enhancing Drugs & Baseball HOF
At this point I just don't care anymore. Let them in.

If we want to not let people into the HoF due to PEDs, I hope they have no problem yanking out all the players in the 60s and 70s as well.

I don't really care one way or another because the Hall of Fame is a joke, anyway.
There is a God and his name is Billy Joel

Don't really care anymore one way or another.......
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Bonds and Clemens should go in. They were the best of the era. I'm not sure McGwire and Sosa had HOF careers so much as maybe just a few HOF seasons. Put Ramirez and ARod in too. They were consistent.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I believe there is already 1 in the HOF who did PED's, so let them in.

None of these guys are getting in until Jane Forbes Clark and Jack O'Connell are dead, and the old crusty sports writers are phased out of voting.
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars