`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting Allen and Ginter "Egg card" info

Interesting Allen and Ginter "Egg card" info
I had a fascinating discussion on Twitter about the current state of the hobby and how card values are skyrocketing. In my discussion, I brought up the Allen and Ginter "Egg card" as well as the Cryptocurrency card, and made the comment that its astounding those cards are worth what they currently are, and that its kind of ridiculous. 

Well, once I made that comment, another Twitter user chimed in saying "Noooo! The @TheEggCard is helping to keep the hobby going within our younger generation that is being outpriced. Charitable affiliation is in works! Seriously."

That obviously piqued my interest so I asked that the user elaborate, and they said the following:

"A group of sports cards enthusiasts who grasped the troubles growing in the hobby-youth are being outpriced-are using proceeds from egg (card) profits to give cards to kids at shows and help keep the hobby alive for kids."

He also said he didnt think the cryptocurrency card was related to this movement.

If the above info is legit, then that is pretty awesome! The Egg card even has an official Twitter site, but its unverified.

RE: Interesting Allen and Ginter "Egg card" info
That's good to hear and a good story. I don't feel like we hear enough of good things like that in the hobby.

I agree. I cant believe the people who thought that up arent promoting it more.

(04-01-2021, 09:55 AM)jbissell Wrote: I agree. I cant believe the people who thought that up arent promoting it more.

I thought this was a good story, well, to a degree.

Unfortunately during the fires in CA last year, there was a 9 year old girl who lost her entire sports card collection so a guy from San Jose gifted her his 25,000 count baseball card collection.  Along with that her favorite player, Buster Posey, contacted her for a zoom meeting together.  Apparently she started getting so many cards coming in that she set up a website to share and give cards to other kids as well.  

Always good to see something positive come out of all the negative in the world.

https://abc7news.com/san-francisco-giant...e/7466780/

Thats an awesome story!

Just watched it. Love seeing stories like that.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

A+ to everyone. We always hear about the negative in the industry, nice to hear about what 95% of the folks do.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.