Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eBay observation

eBay observation
Hi All,
I have been following 1956 Mantles for about 6 months now very closely. I’ve seen them rise quite significantly especially in the last 3 months. I followed a particular graded card which was purchased for 2500 in December. It was offered by a different seller for about 5k last month, but I don’t see any new transactions. There was apparently another change of hand because it went to another seller and I received an offer for 4000 from X seller. I declined and a couple weeks later it’s listed with Y seller for 3500. I inquired and was made an offer for 3000. 
If find it odd that several changes of hand were made and the prices was falling this whole time. 
Any thoughts? 
Thanks all.
J

RE: eBay observation
Buyers not paying attention to dropping prices and trying to recoup their cost or even less is my guess. With that said, I haven't done any research on it myself.

Many of these outlandish prices/values will be dropping. Things are opening up, vaccines are being given, and spring/summer are coming. The money that people put towards cards the last year because they were bored will be going back to putting that money towards vacations, dining out, entertainment, etc.

My opinion/guess anyway.

Thanks. It’s just very curious to me how this has changed hands and dropped in price by half what it was originally being offered. The change of hands is the part that has me most curious. Makes me wonder if they’re trying to cover tracks.

Are you sure it is the same card? Could it possibly be a counterfeit that a seller keeps getting caught, then sells on a new account?

Just as guess.
- - - - - - - -
As for my wife, my children & myself our hero is Jesus Christ.
Bowman's Best Project (6/1/23)
Cards Have/Total Cards: 3992/19,873 (20.1%) 
Value Have/Total Value: $20,838/$455,802 (4.6%)

Can you be specific about what card you are referencing? Too many to take a look at. What people are "OFFERING" doesn't mean it sold. Also, look to see if the transaction/s are being done through a consignor shilling a card. Trend has been an overall drop in vintage while modern has acted just the opposite the past year, specifically the past 3 months.

+1 to roadrunner's observation. Good Luck!
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.