`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did I sell too early? You be the judge...

Did I sell too early? You be the judge...
Stumbled across an ebay listing of a Mike Trout 2009 Bowman Sterling Auto and it brought back some bad memories...

What was a sale you look back on and makes you hate yourself? haha

[Image: INrzwju.jpg]

RE: Did I sell too early? You be the judge...
Not a sale but I traded Trout's 2011 Topps Update RC card when it was $3 high book.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I sold a 2011 Finest Trout X-Fractor auto back in 2013. The money went towards airfare and hotel to meet up with a pretty girl from the internet who is now my wife, so it was absolutely worth it. But it sure would have been nice to still have that in my collection.
I'm always open to trading.  My wants are varied (multiple sets from 1980 to now and some misc. players) and all my wants are marked.  Open offers welcome!

Trade Scans

We all have our Trout stories! I was getting when the getting was good in the summer of 2012....or so I thought! O well! Still have a couple of base rookies that need grading. Good luck with yours!!! This is specific to Trout, who knows how much I "lost" selling "early" or not selling @ all. I collect for my Phillies collection and other cards for specific players.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

There were two cards I had purchased, a few months apart, with the sole intent to flip them so I never had any kind of attachment to them or anything and this was approximately 15 years ago but looking back I wish I had held on to them for the PC because I doubt I'll ever dish out the money for what they go for now.

First was a 1949 Bowman Jackie Robinson. I had purchased it off of The Pit, I think, and it was PSA graded though I don't remember the grade anymore. 4 or 5 stands out in my head for some reason but I could be wrong. I bought it for $600/$800 and immediately flipped it for $1400.

The second was 1933 Goudey Babe Ruth #144. I studied a few raw copies and found one that I knew for sure was not a fake. I don't remember what I paid for it but I immediately sent it to PSA and it came back a 3/VG. I know I flipped it for a small profit but compared to what that card goes for now? It's insane.

Luckily, I only traded away 1 Trout rookie card for a Brian McCann Auto RC when he became a Yankee. Figured I’d get that McCann at a rock bottom price while the Trout was probably close to, or near it’s full value. The both cards were about the same BV (about $50-60?) for a brief period of time. Well, you know the rest of the story. Smile But no real regrets since a fellow Beckett board member / trader got a great card that he wanted and I got a great card that I wanted.... and I had a few duplicates of the iconic 2011 US175!

PS: my only regret is I didn’t have my Trout RCs graded years ago when it would have been about $17 per card instead of now when it will probably cost about 10X that amount.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

zeprock Wrote:Not a sale but I traded Trout's 2011 Topps Update RC card when it was $3 high book.
It's just incredible to think that they were ever this low. haha, sorry to hear it!

I sold a SGA graded 9 Tom Brady rookie card for $99 about 3 years ago

I did the opposite. I held onto JD Drew too long!

I don't sell cards - there are some that I probably should have sold when they still had value though.