`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rookie Cards

Rookie Cards
How do they determine who gets a rookie card each year?  So far the only Cardinals rookies who have rookie cards are Kodi Whitley and Dylan Carlson.  Whitley only pitched 4 innings last season.  I don't know how many but the Cardinals, like other teams, had many players make their MLB debut.  I just wonder what the formula is.

RE: Rookie Cards
Realistically - they just make the RC logo up if they don't have it on a players card yet! Many conversations and threads regarding this. I have stopped beating my head about this and just play along. 2020 is more funky then most years as so many players came up and for Topps at least, update wasn't in production in time to get the logo on cards - see Alec Bohm. Topps probably has something about them, so i am going to check it out.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

The Cardinals had 13 players make their MLB debut last season but only 2 got a rc in 2021 Topps

Please remember that S2 and update still needs to be check listed. I assume we will see another approx. 30 RC in S2 and update might become an avalanche like we have never seen before.....LOL.

cspen Wrote:The Cardinals had 13 players make their MLB debut last season but only 2 got a rc in 2021 Topps
Did some of them have a card in the topps update or other late season products. I think Kim did so he would be out for a RC in 2021. Any others out of that 13?

I don't know why Kim had rookie cards in 2020.  He only pitched in 8 games.  Carlson was in more games and his rookie cards are 2021.

These are the 2020 Cardinals attached RC from Series 1, Series 2 and Update. All are from Series 2020 1
229 Randy Arozarena - St. Louis Cardinals RC
459 Kwang-Hyun Kim - St. Louis Cardinals RC
615 Junior Fernandez - St. Louis Cardinals RC
676 Rangel Ravelo - St. Louis Cardinals RC

Here are the 2021 Series 1 Cardinals Rookie Cards:
145 Kodi Whitley - St. Louis Cardinals RC
285 Dylan Carlson - St. Louis Cardinals RC

2021 Series 2 Checklist hasn't been published yet. I am going to assume that the Phillies Mickey Moniak RC will be in Series 2 because he has RC auto's in Series 1 for example.