`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which cards are best to collect in Topps 2020?

Which cards are best to collect in Topps 2020?
Stumbled across some boxes at Walmart today of Topps 2020.  
 Was actually shocked there was any boxes of sports cards at all.
  This was the first time I'd seen anything except some Fortnite cards and some  Yu-Gi-Oh boxes.

Haven't opened them yet but which RC's are the ones to look for?

RE: Which cards are best to collect in Topps 2020?
Depends on what series it was.

Series 1 - Kyle Lewis, Yordan Alvarez, Bo Bichette, Aristides Aquino (sort of), Randy Arozarena (Cardinals uniform)

Series 2 - Luis Robert

Update - Randy Arozarena (Rays uniform), Devin Williams

Word of caution - Unless it's 2020 Update, which was the most recent release, I would be suspicious of any Series 1 or Series 2 boxes being resealed at this point.

Whenever I find a potentially dodgy box that hasn't been on shelves for months, I always take it to customer service and ask if I can open it just to see that the packs are untouched.

They're fine with it, and I've actually found a couple of resealed boxes with opened packs or no wrappers at all.

I then point out to them this is exactly why they should never accept returns on trading cards.

Remember this ... 2020: The Year of the Doosh

RJ has a good point. Tread carefully if the box looks sketchy.

However, there are definitely some good rookies. Good luck!

jbissell Wrote:RJ has a good point. Tread carefully if the box looks sketchy.

However, there are definitely some good rookies. Good luck!
Forgot about Kyle Lewis in Series 1 as well ... the guy who actually won Rookie of the Year, LOL

And if I'm going that far might as well include Devin Williams in Update, the other Rookie of the Year.

It was the 2020 Topps Holiday boxes so I'm tempted to open, but not just yet.
Lewis would be a great pull with all the hype, and Robert, Arozarena, Jiminez, and Bichette too.

Will post when I rip it open.

RattPoison2 Wrote:It was the 2020 Topps Holiday boxes so I'm tempted to open, but not just yet.
Lewis would be a great pull with all the hype, and Robert, Arozarena, Jiminez, and Bichette too.

Will post when I rip it open.
Ah, forgot those, probably because I haven't seen a single box out here.

Those are probably fine because they're the newest release.

Walmart Holiday is actually my favorite Topps product because it's like a "best of" the three series, plus a mem or auto card.

I pulled this one out of 2019 Holiday, numbered to 10:

[Image: Ronald-Front.jpg]

In fact, this card is noteworthy because the night I pulled this marked the first time I ever saw the origins of the Doosh Bag Network ... after I busted this out in the car, I had to go back in to Walmart to get a couple of things I actually went there for (LOL), and there were these two greasy Bubbas grabbing every single box.

Remember, this is back in the day when you could walk into Walmart and see dozens of blasters.

I heard one of the Bubbas say to the other Bubba, "I heard there's some good autographs in here."

I wanted to tell them, "Yeah, like the Acuna auto out of 10 I just pulled," but I thought, nah, why ruin their holiday fun?

Retail has been pretty much all downhill since.

Ironically, the last time I saw a decent amount of retail product in that same store (about a year and half later), I pulled this out of Update:

[Image: TroutSSP.jpg]

Mike Trout SSP!

Anyway, good luck on your breaks - if you get a dupe of the Arozarena I would be interested in trading for one, I PC him and don't have that one yet.