Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JP Strikes Again With a Special 1/1

JP Strikes Again With a Special 1/1
Friends in football,

Our main man JP sent me some awesome customs in the mail this week.

The first three reflect the recent Rams-Lions trade and the quarterback swap of Jared Goff and Matthew Stafford.

So there's an update card of each one, as well as a very cool combo card of the two:

[Image: Goods.jpg]

But who is that fourth card, the signed 1/1?

Why, it's Dee Baggins, of course, one of the foremost foot soldiers of the DBN.

I emphasize "foot" soldier because you can literally see his feet - that's because he took his sandals off (shown in front of the red cart) so that he could sit on the floor (!) at Target and pack search some cards.

Remember, everyone, this is who you're competing with for cards.

While you're at work supporting your family and making a contribution to society, this guy is sitting on the floor at Target, pack searching cards, without a care in the world.

Security fail right there, and all involved should be embarrassed and ashamed.

But anyway ... thanks JP!

RE: JP Strikes Again With a Special 1/1
Lol, I love that card! So cool! JP, you should do another and put it on an auction site, and see what happens...you might've hit a gold mine lol.

savagenate Wrote:Lol, I love that card! So cool! JP, you should do another and put it on an auction site, and see what happens...you might've hit a gold mine lol.
The funniest part is the Target logo for the team logo.

JP's understated brilliance is legendary.

Now that is funny as heck!
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

I'm proud on how these customs turned out. All based on 2001 Topps, even the insert. When I'm back at my computer I'll post a picture of the backs, the Bagging back is some of my.....................finest.............. work Smile

jplarson Wrote:I'm proud on how these customs turned out.  All based on 2001 Topps, even the insert.  When I'm back at my computer I'll post a picture of the backs, the Bagging back is some of my.....................finest.............. work Smile
Indeed, my favorite part is “Net Sales $5” LOL

Wow I can't believe you made the first four cards. If you would have told me you pulled em from pack I would have beleived it without a thought.

If you are able to make more of the last card, you totally should and sell them. I would buy one - it is too good lol!
PC: Any and all Lions!  ++Calvin ++Stafford ++Galloday ++Swift    +Tomlinson +Brunell    ++memorabilia/autos/RC

WevoFlashBack Wrote:Wow I can't believe you made the first four cards. If you would have told me you pulled em from  pack I would have beleived it without a thought.

If you are able to make more of the last card, you totally should and sell them. I would buy one - it is too good lol!
Thanks!  I appreciate the feedback.  I wouldn't feel right selling them though.  It's Topps' original design and their copyright.  While making these I think falls under fair use, selling definitely doesn't Smile.  Those jag bags on ebay selling "RP" or reprint cards of famous originals ought to be shut down.

Here's some closer up shots of the customs here:

[Image: 2001-Topps-combospg.jpg]

[Image: 2001-Topps-parody.jpg]

They are both taken from 2001 Topps football.  The Stafford/Goff is their Combos insert set and of course the Baggins is the base back.  I can never get the fonts quite right.

Lol! I love the stalker card!