Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 Topps Update Trout reprints
Star 
2011 Topps Update Trout reprints
This is getting ridiculous. Just in case the unsuspecting buyer had any doubts now the card comes in a fugazi PSA slab.  Angry

How does ebay combat this going forward?

RE: 2011 Topps Update Trout reprints
Exactly why I pretty much quit using eBay other than for supplies and low end singles.

I have only ever purchased one card from eBay and a complete set of Mega Chrome. Both were super easy but I felt uneasy the entire time wondering if I will get what I requested and paid for.

Other apps won't take away that worry, either.

Good lord that is an awful attempt at mimicking a PSA slab.

Ebay won't do anything about it. If anything, PSA would have to go after a seller like this. I've seen people who sell things like fake Otterbox phone cases get nailed by Otterbox even if they're unaware they're selling fakes. Some clothing line companies do the same thing, going after those that sell fakes/replicas as it impacts their companies as well in a few ways.

What is messed up is that it sold and will most likely attempt to get resold as authentic to someone who doesn't know any better.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

Sad thing is, I don't deal with enough PSA cards that I can't tell why or how it's fake.

rjcj2017 Wrote:Exactly why I pretty much quit using eBay other than for supplies and low end singles.
I am slowly moving towards that too....more forums less eBay

First difference, the reverse side of the PSA label on this fake is blank. Real PSA have a printed black & Silver PSA logo label.
2nd: The reprinted card reverse side stats section doesn’t look ‘sharp’
Finally, The red color of the Target border looks too dark.

You’d think anyone that was in the market for a US175 would suspect a fake a mile away, especially at $75 BIN. That Trout smells awful fishy! Smile
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

DrMitchJ Wrote:First difference, the reverse side of the PSA label on this fake is blank. Real PSA have a printed black & Silver PSA logo label.
2nd: The reprinted card reverse side stats section doesn’t look ‘sharp’
Finally, The red color of the Target border looks too dark.

You’d think anyone that was in the market for a US175 would suspect a fake a mile away, especially at $75 BIN. That Trout smells awful fishy! Smile
Haha I see what you did there

The dooshery in today's hobby is staggering.