`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
These days bring prospects to the hobby

These days bring prospects to the hobby
Sellers are not the only ones enjoying the hobby lately.  As a set collector, I love seeing what happens within Bowman Draft and Bowman Chrome Prospects and Bowman Platinum for the young players trying to make their way onto a team...

Green arrows everywhere!  As we approach the season there is lots of room for the draftees and prospects to get noticed by scouts and other professionals in baseball.  Then some guy I never heard of gets a green arrow and I get to pull that card out of a box or 3-ring binder and put it in a toploader among HOFers, RCs, and current stars.

Very cool!  The only problem is the temptation to break up a complete set to trade or sell some guy that has increased in value by multiples (M. Betts, L. Robert, A. Rustchman, J. Kelenic, B. Stott, W. Franco, Tatis Jr, and J. Soto, just to name a few that are experiencing nice gains).

Anyway, I am sure the movement in prices has just begun and so has the fun of the hobby without spending any cash!

RE: These days bring prospects to the hobby
Good post, and I completely agree!

RE: These days bring prospects to the hobby
I got a nice gift card from my dad and stepmom for Christmas and used it on the ENTIRE 2020 Bowman Tigers draft class, which because of the pandemic was only six guys this year.

None of which were pitchers, by the way, after Detroit drafted nothing but for like three years in a row with its top picks.

I'm pretty excited for where this team could be in two or three years if all these guys pan out.