`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Are you spending your $600 on cards?

RE: Are you spending your $600 on cards?
ohioarmy05 Wrote:I might pick up something, but this year with the crazy online prices and the empty shelves at the store I turned my focus to my other addiction....I mean hobby, coins. Decided to make some small investments into the future so every paycheck I have budgeted out about $100 to purchase silver coins. Its not the most fancy precious metal, but at only around $30 bucks an ounce to buy its not too bad.
I have thought about investing in silver too. Not sure itll ever reach gold status, but at $30 it's almost worth a shot.

Wish I had the luxury of figuring out how to spend the money, unfortunately still unemployed (and the $125 a week I get from the State of FL is not incentivizing me to NOT work) any money will be going to pay any number of bills that haven’t stopped accumulating since my unemployment started.
It was a Crappy Old Year, and hoping for a Happy New Year for all!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Let’s see. I didn’t get the first stimulus check so I seriously doubt I will get this one too.
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

waynetalger Wrote:Let’s see. I didn’t get the first stimulus check so I seriously doubt I will get this one too.
Yeah, $75000 adjusted gross income limit for singles and $150000 AGI limit for married filing joint.  I don't need the money but I do fall under the limit.

I think I'm just going to buy $600 worth of lottery tickets.
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

crazyforkinsler5 Wrote:I have thought about investing in silver too. Not sure itll ever reach gold status, but at $30 it's almost worth a shot.
Silver has actually outperformed Gold over the last 5 or so years.  It will  never reach gold price but it does perform well.  Besides its always cool to have a bag full of silver coins compared to 1 gold coin.  

I have been selling like a nut since prices starting going stupid.  And pretty much everything I bought I ended up selling this year,  who can beat this instanity.
  I have a loaded paypal account that I have been on my best behavior with.    I have been perusing around for high grade Gretzky rookie and something Ruth or Gehrig 1930's.  $600 deposit will be a few more duckets to pad the purchase when I finally pull the trigger.

kerryandbeth Wrote:Yeah, $75000 adjusted gross income limit for singles and $150000 AGI limit for married filing joint.  I don't need the money  but I do fall under the limit.
Hmmm I only made 120k last year married filing jointly and I didn’t get the first check so I doubt I will get the 2nd check too. This year I made 86k because of the virus and if Biden gets his way it will be less than that this year
[Image: roughdraft_edited-1.jpg]

Wow. You guys live in a different financial world than I do. My wife lost her job this year due to Covid. I work two jobs, one as a Creative Services Manager at a local tv station where I write commercials, shoot video for commercials, create graphics, edit video, produce and do the voice on tv commercials and the other job is part-time on Sundays producing and hosting my own radio show which is broadcast worldwide via the web. I made $47,000 last year combined from the two jobs and that includes bonuses. I would earn more doing the same thing if I worked in a larger market but I live in the woods in Maine and it is what it is. I'm not complaining because I love what I do and don't dread going to work every day and that accounts for a lot. I guess if I earned twice as much as I do I would probably buy more cards too.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

zeprock Wrote:Wow. You guys live in a different financial world than I do. My wife lost her job this year due to Covid. I work two jobs, one as a Creative Services Manager at a local tv station where I write commercials, shoot video for commercials, create graphics, edit video, produce and do the voice on tv commercials and the other job is part-time on Sundays producing and hosting my own radio show which is broadcast worldwide via the web. I made $47,000 last year combined from the two jobs and that includes bonuses. I would earn more doing the same thing if I worked in a larger market but I live in the woods in Maine and it is what it is. I'm not complaining because I love what I do and don't dread going to work every day and that accounts for a lot. I guess if I earned twice as much as I do I would probably buy more cards too.
I'm there with you. For 15 years, I worked at a small town newspaper as a sports editor. In 2018, I changed professions to become a salesperson for a plumbing supply company. Actually, I deliver for them, do counter sales, outside sales, warehouse stuff, just about everything. I work 45+ hours per week, and I pull in roughly $1k every 2 weeks. That's roughly $25k per year. I make about $2k-$3k more per year than my wife. So her and I together don't make what you make. 

I'm trying to do a budget for the first time ever starting this year. Not sure if or how it will work. But we've got to do something. It sucks to be 3-4 days before a paycheck and have nothing in the bank and need something (groceries, medicine, gas, whatever). The last time trip to Walmart, I used my paypal (my card money) that I had been using strictly for my card purchases, trades, etc.

waynetalger Wrote:Hmmm I only made 120k last year married filing jointly and I didn’t get the first check so I doubt I will get the 2nd check too. This year I made 86k because of the virus and if Biden gets his way it will be less than that this year
My guess is you got Direct Deposit the 1st round and did not notice the extra funds.  Everyone in your situation was eligible...unless you owed back taxes.