`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2020 Topps Update - Another bust product?

2020 Topps Update - Another bust product?
I was looking for the previous post about 2020 Topps Update but cannot find it.  Nearly every card in the product has a red arrow for decrease in value and I was wondering if anything good came out of a box for anybody.

And, also wondering if anybody is excited about buying any 2020 products that are marked down during gift season.  We all realize it was a tough year to find affordable boxes, but I am satisfied with my earlier busts of 2020 Bowman Sterling and 2020 Topps Gold Label.

RE: 2020 Topps Update - Another bust product?
While I'm sticking with vintage stuff, when I swing by the LCS for supplies I'll usually grab a couple of packs of whatever they have open just for the fun of ripping a couple of packs. I think I've gotten two regular packs and one jumbo pack on that stuff thus far. Got some weird Jeter patch thing that isn't actually from a jersey or anything, can't believe they're still making those.

Other than that I'm just not a fan of the design overall for Topps this year. I think I'm just a guy that likes borders all the way around. Who knows, maybe this will be a wait and see product? I'm not up to speed on key RCs in this thing but maybe a player or two will come out of nowhere and be stars and they'll have some key cards in here or something.

I didn't see your Bowman Sterling pulls but you seemed to do pretty well on those Gold Label which are great looking cards.

I pulled a Mike Trout SSP, was pretty happy with that!

So far, from what I can see, the 2 key base cards to get are Arozarena in a Rays uniform and Devin Williams. Other than that, it seems like the hits are all there is in this set. Maybe some of those other rookies will be a wait and see thing.

I had to get something from Target the day before Thanksgiving and I picked up a couple of hangers to have something to open - I got one of the 1985 autographs (some infielder from the Diamondbacks) - thought it was very neat since I bought a ton of 1985 Topps baseball as a child.

Well, I can say this - The local Walmart was restocked today, and some guy bought everything else.... but didn't even breathe on the blasters or rack packs of Update.
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)