`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Poor Bill Buckner, and other Series stuff

RE: Poor Bill Buckner, and other Series stuff
I remember that night. I was at my first commands school for the Aegis weapons system. Sitting in a hotel bar, underage drinking and watching the game on TV... Man what a night that was....
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP

animie67 Wrote:I remember that night. I was at my first commands school for the Aegis weapons system. Sitting in a hotel bar, underage drinking and watching the game on TV... Man what a night that was....
LOL ... were you in the service?

rjcj2017 Wrote:LOL ... were you in the service?
Yep... 18 years old at the time....
Looking for 2011-2016 Gypsy Queen Mini's. Please check my want list. Also, must send FIRST!

Top wants! 2015 Topps Gypsy Queen Mini Silver #221 Jean Segura, #273 Allen Craig, #293 Danny Salazar, #310 Al Kaline SP, #319 Reggie Jackson SP

animie67 Wrote:Yep... 18 years old at the time....
Well, thank you for your service!

Which branch?

My cousin is in the Air Force, though he's about a year out from retirement.

He is stationed in England and loving the pub life, LOL

rjcj2017 Wrote:Well, thank you for your service!

Which branch?

My cousin is in the Air Force, though he's about a year out from retirement.

He is stationed in England and loving the pub life, LOL
I was in the Navy. Retired back in 2006 after 20 years... Tell your cousin to make sure that he has everything documented in his medical record or the VA won't give him anything for it (i.e. if he has trouble sleeping, document it, if he stubs his toe, document it). It will help him out in the long run when he retires (trust me). Also, thank you for your support. It means a lot to us vets.

animie67 Wrote:I was in the Navy. Retired back in 2006 after 20 years... Tell your cousin to make sure that he has everything documented in his medical record or the VA won't give him anything for it (i.e. if he has trouble sleeping, document it, if he stubs his toe, document it). It will help him out in the long run when he retires (trust me). Also, thank you for your support. It means a lot to us vets.
That's great advice, I'll pass it along, thanks!