`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
My Open Letter to Panini

RE: My Open Letter to Panini
notjomommasclint Wrote:These manufacturers don't care how collectors feel. They simply want to move product and consider it sold when it hits the retail shelfs.

Unfortunately their solution to our current situation will be to crank up the presses and provide more product. Unless of course the products stop moving and it backlogs the outlets. Which won't happen.

The great news is by the time this "new money" into the hobby realizes that the market correction is coming it will already be here and they'll be stuck selling into a buyers market.
Agreed, well said.

I would also include Topps in your letter because when Bowman Baseball was out it was gone so fast i hardly had time to react! The Bowman Mega was supposed to be out and the only place it was found was at my Local Card Shop. Oh and now that Bowman Chrome Mega boxes are out Topps increased the price to 35.99 not the 19.99 it has been in the past. Also to top it off Topps just did Sapphire this year at 300 a box to a lottery of only 2 boxes per customer! Last year Topps sold Sapphire at 50$ a box!

magneto2 Wrote:I would also include Topps in your letter because when Bowman Baseball was out it was gone so fast i hardly had time to react!  The Bowman Mega was supposed to be out and the only place it was found was at my Local Card Shop.  Oh and now that Bowman Chrome Mega boxes are out Topps increased the price to 35.99 not the 19.99 it has been in the past.  Also to top it off Topps just did Sapphire this year at 300 a box to a lottery of only 2 boxes per customer! Last year Topps sold Sapphire at 50$ a box!
Yeah, I'm thinking of contacting not only them but also the card distributors.

It is actually not safe ... and I'm wondering if even if they are independent contractors the parent company is still liable if something happens to them.

I mean, people are actually recognizing their cars and following them and what not.