Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In need of pricing - Jeter World Series 2004

In need of pricing - Jeter World Series 2004
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the site and was hoping I could get some advice on where to turn for pricing on a card I cannot find on the site (or anywhere else on the internet).  

It's a 2004 Donruss Elite Derek Jeter Career Best Gold CB-9 but it's a bit different from whats on this site as it has a World Series 2004 Aberdeen embossing on it.  Also, where they normally have the print number on there back it instead has the date August 22, 2004.  I cannot find this card ANYWHERE else and I am hoping to chat with someone about it.  Please see the pics attached.

Normal Jeter Career Best Gold Card

My Jeter Card

Can anyone help me as to who I should speak with about the value?

Thanks

RE: In need of pricing - Jeter World Series 2004
I can't access the card catalog here in Beckett so I can't say for sure if it's in there or not but from what I've found, it sounds like a special card handed out at the 2004 Cal Ripken Little League World Series held at his park in Aberdeen, MD. The series was held that year from August 8th-22nd so the date of the 22nd, likely the championship game, is when I assume this card would have been given out.

There was something similar of Jeter serial numbered 2/2 with the Aberdeen stamp that sold for approximately $350 on ebay about a year and a half ago. With that said the seller was probstein so take that realized price with a grain of salt. Not sure if I can post the URL to the page (not ebay) that I found that in but here's the headline for it. It's also a 2004 Donruss Elite card but not the same version you have.

Derek Jeter 2004 Donruss Elite Aberdeen World Series Status #02/02 Jersey#
Sold - Mar 11, 2019, 11:40 PM $353.99