`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Really Good Laugh

A Really Good Laugh
So, admittedly I haven't really been around in the forums too much these last couple months (although I've stuck my nose into other peoples threads & commented a good 5 or 6 times). And, because of my self imposed exile I MAY have actually missed a thread or a dozen comments on other threads saying this, but, at worst, I'm just echoing the other smart folks that have been thinking the same thing. That is, simply, has anyone turned on ESPN MLB Playoff coverage, news, etc (OR any other channel, news source etc) and NOT heard the name RANDY AROZARENA??? I mean, there have been some outright INSPIRING performances from a dozen different players these feverish playoffs, it's been pretty awesome, to me anyway. But Randy Arozarena(?), this dude is on ANOTHER PLANET! All of a sudden, he is the fairly highly touted rookie out of the pack formed back in March: Gavin Lux, Yordan Alvarez, Aristides Aquino, Brendan McCay, (and Kyle Lewis and Bo Bichette but they're not in the playoffs so I don't count 'em here) Dustin May has been a conrtibutor to his team, but so has MICHAEL BROSSEAU (I'm NEVER gonna forget the look on Chappy's face when that ball came off the bat, am I alone on this??) And yes, it's just been this strong lately, in crunch time, the Playoffs. But...

All this excitement can only be good for the hobby, I would think. But, the laugh I'm talking about is, while trends are keeping up with most playoff performances, Randy Arozarena's 2020 rookie cards are continuing to freefall in value when he didn't jump off like this in the regular season. Now, I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND, keeping up with market trends in sports cards (and more) is SO VOLITALE and day to day nowadays that, I know I personally couldn't promise perfect credit to all who deserve it 24/7. But starting 2 weeks ago out of the 21 of Randy's rc's I've sold on ebay, I've taken less then $5 3 TIMES!! SO, just a heads up for all my friends and fellow collectors here in the forums, most everyone in the marketplace are still behind the times as well, I see em as low as $.79! So, there you go, MAYBE a new Mr October?? (sorrry to the purists and Yankee fans there) But, I figure 79 cents isn't a BAD investment just in case it happens. Ok, that was fun, I'll see you all again in a few months lol
"The Rose goes in the front big guy..."

RE: A Really Good Laugh
I hear Luis Robert was a pretty popular rookie too, don't forget him.

I actually pulled Arozarena's auto from a Stadium Club blaster about a month ago, it's pretty hot right now.

The weird thing is it shows him on the Cardinals, before his trade to Tampa Bay, because obviously to get the autos into packs in time they had to have the players sign them in the offseason.

But ... I'll take it!

I also have to sweep back through all the cards I busted trying to pull Robert.

I know off the top of my head I have Arozarena's Prizm and Diamond Kings RCs, hoping I have his Archives and not sure about Series 1 (didn't bust a ton of it) ... but may have the Turkey Red insert? Also might have Optic?

I honestly don't remember but will have fun trying to dig them out.

Ha ha, had to check back after he won the series MVP. Looks like all the work you're gonna put in digging out his cardboard will pay off! I meant to hold on to more but all I have left are 10 Topps, 1 Heritage, and 5 Bowmans. After that gaffe w/his cell phone & the Cardinals most ppl wrote him off. WHOOPS! Take care RJ, keep beating up those retail hog A Holes!!!

OH, and this is NOT a f/s, f/t, or wtb, wtt post, just a little conversation. I hope everyone here on beckett has a TON of this kid!

ceylan00 Wrote:Ha ha, had to check back after he won the series MVP. Looks like all the work you're gonna put in digging out his cardboard will pay off! I meant to hold on to more but all I have left are 10 Topps, 1 Heritage, and 5 Bowmans. After that gaffe w/his cell phone & the Cardinals most ppl wrote him off. WHOOPS! Take care RJ, keep beating up those retail hog A Holes!!!

OH, and this is NOT a f/s, f/t, or wtb, wtt post, just a little conversation. I hope everyone here on beckett has a TON of this kid!
I didn't hear about the cell phone thing, what was that about?

You know, I DON'T know the EXACT story. But, I guess after losing a playoffs game last year. The Cardinals coach sat everyone down for an expletive filled "lets get it together" post game, and, some how Aroz maybe had his cell phone on in some way where it like, BROADCASTED the whole thing to millions of people! I mean, I HAVE to believe it was accidental cuz what would that get him for doing it on purpose, you know? So, ya, a lot of people around the league on the business side saw that and were like, "maybe the kid has a swing but we can't afford some sh** like THAT!!" So, St.Louis sent him packing as a result and the Rays were the only ones willing to give him the second shot. NOW, haha, I have NO IDEA anymore with fake news, rumors, distortions, exaggerations, etc, wtf actually went down, but, that's pretty much the picture I got after a bunch of research. Take care RJ

ceylan00 Wrote:You know, I DON'T know the EXACT story. But, I guess after losing a playoffs game last year. The Cardinals coach sat everyone down for an expletive filled "lets get it together" post game, and, some how Aroz maybe had his cell phone on in some way where it like, BROADCASTED the whole thing to millions of people! I mean, I HAVE to believe it was accidental cuz what would that get him for doing it on purpose, you know? So, ya, a lot of people around the league on the business side saw that and were like, "maybe the kid has a swing but we can't afford some sh** like THAT!!" So, St.Louis sent him packing as a result and the Rays were the only ones willing to give him the second shot. NOW, haha, I have NO IDEA anymore with fake news, rumors, distortions, exaggerations, etc, wtf actually went down, but, that's pretty much the picture I got after a bunch of research. Take care RJ
I think Antonio Brown did something similar with the Steelers one time.

Thanks for looking it up!