`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Box Subscription Services

Box Subscription Services
Has anyone tried out any of the available box subscriptions services out there? I'm talking about things like The Original Boombox? There seems to be a lot of different options out there now where you can subscribe to a random collection of packs every month (the # of packs depending on your 'tier' usually).

Any bad experiences? Good experiences? Is it a scam? I'm not interested in making a bunch of $$ from it - just some enjoyment of ripping current packs since it is so hard to find any in stores these days.

Thanks.

RE: Box Subscription Services
I know nothing about this, but the first thing I think about is the seller has more than enough opportunity to pack search before sending you the packs without memorabilia. You would still have autos available, right?

imladrist Wrote:Has anyone tried out any of the available box subscriptions services out there? I'm talking about things like The Original Boombox? There seems to be a lot of different options out there now where you can subscribe to a random collection of packs every month (the # of packs depending on your 'tier' usually).

Any bad experiences? Good experiences? Is it a scam? I'm not interested in making a bunch of $$ from it - just some enjoyment of ripping current packs since it is so hard to find any in stores these days.

Thanks.

I did this about 2-3 years ago with the "card crate".  Paid my $ and AFTER 6 WEEKS I had to pull a "dude, where's my cards?"  They claimed they "forgot" to ship my crate, and I got it about a week after my "inquiry".  

As for the cards....just meh.  While I did receive all recent factory sealed hobby packs, I pulled nothing whatsoever notable.  No gu, no autos, NOTHING.

I think many "less than reputable" card shops use these type "services" as a way to sell remaining packs from opened hobby boxes after the "hits" have all been pulled.

Also, please keep in mind that many of these subscriptions  consider their "hits" to be non auto s/n parallels or simple relic cards of common players that MIGHT be worth $2 on the secondary market....

I personally won't ever be doing the "subscription" thing again....just gonna wait for the hobby box price craziness to pass.....

I do not trust them..saw 1st hand in Jacksonville (1992-1994)...store owner that would open a box..get the "hits" and set the rest aside and do this a couple of times and then and set "a box" on the counter for people to buy the single packs...knowing the hits are gone and melded the boxes..

Think about this year's A&G..the hits are in a row..2nd or 3rd row down..opened a box today and it was the 2nd row.I even did not open the last pack on that row until the box was done to "Give me a thrill...So say I open 5 boxes..get hits and then "shuffle" the packs and sell them as if the hits were there..or do not say anything..just let the people "assume"..

Lets do this for 10 cases and then send the packs to my subscription people..unopened..truth in advertising..and what do you get..commons and some minor parallels..  no thanks..

bonds20001 Wrote:I do not trust them..saw 1st hand in Jacksonville (1992-1994)...store owner that would open a box..get the "hits" and set the rest aside and do this a couple of times and then and set "a box" on the counter for people to buy the single packs...knowing the hits are gone and melded the boxes..

Think about this year's A&G..the hits are in a row..2nd or 3rd row down..opened a box today and it was the 2nd row.I even did not open the last pack on that row until the box was done to "Give me a thrill...So say I open 5 boxes..get hits and then "shuffle" the packs and sell them as if the hits were there..or do not say anything..just let the people "assume"..

Lets do this for 10 cases and then send the packs to my subscription people..unopened..truth in advertising..and what do you get..commons and some minor parallels..  no thanks..
Wow! I would think once it becomes known that an LCS owner does that with their boxes, they would go out of business pretty quick...

I've watched that Jabs Family guy open a bunch of these subscription "mystery boxes" and I'm not overly impressed. Never seen an actual big hit - just a few scrub autos here and there.

I'm sure there's some legitimate people out there making and selling these (whether they're packs, singles, or a combination), but there's probably more scammers out there.

And if they're anything like the Funko subscription boxes or LootCrates, they go big for a few boxes to get people subscribing and then they get worse.

They get by more on people forgetting to cancel their subscription than they do on how good they are.
Kepler

I have been apart of the "Baseball Cards of the Month Club." Found them on FB. I do one of the lower tiers at $25 a month. I have enjoyed them so far. I get the Reds team collection where they send out 20 cards with at least 2 auto/GUs inserted with a mix of others (SN / RC, ect.). Plus a random pack of cards (ex. 2020 Topps / Big League / Fire ect.). Now at that tier you are not going to find big autos, but I have enjoyed adding the cards to my PC.
[Image: H8Ura.png]
SIGNATURE IMAGE CREATED BY
jbel4331 [ http://www.beckett.com/forums/user-153852.html ]

In my experience be it limited because only this year did I try these. In my Boom Box I tried I got a lot of older packs and some new ones. I was able to get some nice rookies and an auto of a Japanese player with the Twins in 2016 Topps Chrome. Bought another off Instagram and it was Basketball and Baseball and got a nice Cliff Frazier Five Star RC auto. Price I have paid around 70 w/shipping or 60.

There is a member on here who pulled a Trout auto out of a Heritage blaster through some Topps program where you get a blaster per month.