`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
R.I.P. To The Chairman of The Board

R.I.P. To The Chairman of The Board
Whitey Ford, about to celebrate his 92nd birthday at the end of October has passed away from unknown causes. 
Hopefully, from that sad news, there's some good motivation for the Yankees to win tonight in his memory. 
R.I.P. Whitey, say Hi to Yogi, Billy, and The Mick for us.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

RE: R.I.P. To The Chairman of The Board
Man, what a rough week!

My all-time favorite Eddie Van Halen on Tuesday and now Whitey.

rjcj2017 Wrote:Man, what a rough week!

My all-time favorite Eddie Van Halen on Tuesday and now Whitey.
Eddie Van Halen’s death was more of a shock, not really cognizant about his most recent health issues and his proximity in age, it really hit me more than Whitey Ford’s passing, since he was so much older. 
2020 ... what a long strange trip it’s been ... and we have 3 more months to go ... jeez!
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

DrMitchJ Wrote:Eddie Van Halen’s death was more of a shock, not really cognizant about his most recent health issues and his proximity in age, it really hit me more than Whitey Ford’s passing, since he was so much older. 
2020 ... what a long strange trip it’s been ... and we have 3 more months to go ... jeez!
I was glad to change the license tag on my car last night to 2021.

I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

I just pulled his base card out of A&G last night, that's odd.

Truly another loss..

He was a ten-time All-Star and six-time World Series champion. In 1961, he won both the Cy Young Award and World Series Most Valuable Player Award. Ford led the American League (AL) in wins three times and in earned run average (ERA) twice. He is the Yankees franchise leader in career wins (236), shutouts (45), innings pitched (3,170 [sup]1[/sup]⁄[sub]3[/sub]), and games started by a pitcher (438; tied). Ford was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1974

2020 has been a rough year for Hall of Famers:  Seaver, Brock, Gibson and now Ford all gone

Crazy. My wife and I were just talking about him last night. She's a huge Orioles fan and asked me who Whitey Ford was as Jim Palmer had said that Ford was essentially his idol and they had grown to be good friends. Was reading off his stats and some other info on him not even 24 hours ago.

Man, heaven is going to have an unhittable rotation of pitchers who have passed this year!