`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Through the mail autographs

RE: Through the mail autographs
cspen Wrote:I'm just curious what kind of success you guys have had with this.  I have only done it a few times.  One, was in 1968, I sent a baseball to the Cardinals and asked for the team to all sign it.  After a while the ball came back with everyone's signatures.  So I got Gibson, Brock, Cepeda, Maris etc.  Then several years later I tried it again.  This time I sent another ball to the Cardinals and asked for the whole team.  I got the ball back but only signed by Tony LaRussa.  Still the ball came back.  Last year I sent a card to the Angels for Trout to sign.  I picked a card that would be no great loss if I never saw it again.  I still haven't gotten the card back signed or otherwise.  I'm not sure I really expected Trout to sign the card and then send it back but I was sure to enclose an envelope with return postage just in case.
Should have sent it to Trout via the Angels.  He signs in the off-system.  At least he did... Make sure you add SAE and STAMP(s)!

Phillies_Joe Wrote:Should have sent it to Trout via the Angels.  He signs in the off-system.  At least he did...
Yeah, you should always send it to the player in care of the team ... theoretically, if they allow fan mail (some teams don't in general, and who knows now with COVID), they put the envelope in the player's mail box, and it's up to him to read it/sign it.

Many years ago when I was working for a sports radio station in Sacramento I covered an A's game, and in the clubhouse before the game Bobby Crosby was looking through his mail and signing stuff.

It was cool to see that in person.

Phillies_Joe Wrote:Should have sent it to Trout via the Angels.  He signs in the off-system.  At least he did...  Make sure you add SAE and STAMP(s)!
I did send it to the Angels and sent an envelope with return postage.

Has anyone had luck sending anything to Randy Johnson?  If so, do you have an address?