`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Target, no football, but

Target, no football, but
No football still.  But they did have baseball.  4 blasters of Allen & Ginter, passed on those.  16 blasters of Topps Archives,  bought 4 of those.  Maybe I ought to switch over to collecting baseball instead of football.  Put together the Donruss set this year.  Haven't done a baseball set since 2007.  Back then I decided to go football only.  Occasionally opened baseball  and basketball, but not  a lot, definitely not to build a set.  Would get a Factory Topps set for my collection (going back to 1972).  Bought 4 of these because I really liked Archives when they came out in 2001 (think that is right). That was all they had. No hangers, fat packs, etc.

Anyways, hoping I can get at least 1 hit.  Seems like a lot of people are getting them.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

RE: Target, no football, but
Soooooooo ... what did you get?

rjcj2017 Wrote:Soooooooo ... what did you get?
Only opened 1 box.  No hit.  As I mentioned in your thread, love the 1974 (got a Bagwell  and Springer).  Don't even care about the current players (other than Astros).  Got a Stargell, Banks, Carlton, Bench and others.  Those are the ones I like.  The players who were in the game when I was watching baseball all  the time.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.

Archives Baseball is the best thing to open at retail I have found this year - I got one Blaster, some Fat Packs, and a Mega Box and got two autographs and I think five numbered cards (Ryne Sandberg /15 being the best) - if the LCS near my house still had hobby boxes I might well pick one up.

Note that the local Targets here have created a second card section and moved sports cards back to the Toy Section on an end - so be sure to check back there because that is how I found the Archives Baseball

ZSDOne Wrote:Note that the local Targets here have created a second card section and moved sports cards back to the Toy Section on an end - so be sure to check back there because that is how I found the Archives Baseball
After seeing your comment last week about this, I checked the toy section Saturday but didn't see anything.  Since these were in the regular place, hoping they don't put it in 2 locations.  But when the regular area is empty, I will keep an eye on the toy section.

No secondary card sections in my Targets.

Just empty sections of desolation.

As I figured. 4 boxes no autos. Always seems like by the time retail reaches the south, there are no more "unguaranteed" hits. At least I only had 3 triplicates, could have had quadruples with Topps collation. Sad thing is that one of the triplicates was the Giant card: Mookie Butts. At least the 4th one was a blue Ripken.

This should probably get moved to baseball, but don't know how to do that.

There were 3 boxes left today. Bought them, and of course no autos. Shut out 0 for 7. SOAB. Not going to buy anymore. Need to see if I even want to build the set. Probably have to many doubles and triples. SOAB. Kind of wished they had all been scarfed up before I saw any of them.