`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2012 Topps Misprint - Stats Line

2012 Topps Misprint - Stats Line
Hi. First time posting here. I have been uploading my collection to the card collecting tool online here for a long time now. I just now obtained and busted open a pack of old 2012 Topps base cards. On the back side of the batters, the stats lines are wrong / misprinted.

Instead of going:

G, AB, R, H, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, SO, SLG, OPS, AVG 

like it should, it instead has "3B" twice instead of 2B, 3B. It has "W" instead of "BB." And for some odd reason, instead of "SLG," it has "SP." It goes like this:

G, AB, R, H, 3B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, W, SO, SP, OPS, AVG

i have five other different cards like that: 

Yadier Molina, Jose Altuve, Mickey Mantle??, Jon Jay, and Carlos Ruiz. And one other card, Matt Dominguez, is correct except for the SP instead of SLG. 

I've been a bit anal about how I've been listing these cards in the collector's tool here on Beckett. I havent seen "misprint" in the tool, like would usually be listed somehwere. Does anyone know anything about these?

Thanks!

RE: 2012 Topps Misprint - Stats Line
Yes. These are variations. Topps corrected the headers when they released their 2012 factory sets, so all of the regular player cards in series 1 have 2 variations, except for, if my memory is correct, Jesus Montero and one other player.
Looking for Peter Bergeron, Greg Colbrunn, Darrin Fletcher, Kevin Appier, Jeff M
ontgomery, Tom Henke, Tug Hulett and Tim Spooneybarger - if you have any rare, l
ow numbered parallels of these guys, send me a message.

RE: 2012 Topps Misprint - Stats Line
Thanks for the reply. I was wondering then in that case, is there a way to indicate that in the collector's tool section of this website? Usually, they have the variations listed, even the uncorrected errors, and you can choose those to add the correct variations into your collection. It isnt a huge deal, I'm just being anal.