`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Online Pricing Guide

RE: Online Pricing Guide
With the possible onset of a national minimum wage increase to $15/hour be prepared for price hikes across the boards everywhere. i.e. Starbucks pretty much capped their employees wages and most Baristas don’t ever earn more than $12/hr unless they become assistant managers/ managers/ district managers. If minimum wages go up, either less people working or price hikes expected ... or maybe both?
How does that translate to Beckett? If you want more timely pricing, they have to hire more employees which in turn raises hard overhead expenses... and that cost gets passed onto the consumer. With the current economic uncertainty, I’m sure they are trying to keep overhead low by not hiring new people right now so when the wage hike happens they can start planning now by incrementally starting to raise monthly fees.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

jaredhuizenga Wrote:I wasn't caught off guard by it, I also saw the emails.

My problem with it is that pricing is taking longer than ever, parallels and sets aren't getting added.

These are things that weren't up to snuff before the pandemic, they haven't improved, so it's a bitter pill to swallow.
I guess we will never know if those non-priced cards are intentional or not.  Over the years many releases are 'n/a' that surprise me.  Maybe that's just the way it is.

Too bad we don't have another outlet to compare.

I got the emails as well. After MANY years of subscribing, I will not be renewing when my subscription expires.

2020 Bowman color autos are still not priced. Arguably the most popular release in the sport and they can't do the work, then they email to say they're putting prices up.

So many cards missing from the database. Topps releases checklists for everything they put out, so it's not like it's a guessing game.

Customer service is a joke. When I mentioned I wouldn't be renewing, they asked why. I sent them a list - no response.

This site has bled users for years, and they have nobody to blame but themselves.

The org function is the best tool on the site, but with stuff not getting listed, even that is growing less useful.

I wish there was someone at Beckett who gave a darn about any of this, but I don't know that there is.

It's disappointing, frustrating and sad.
Trading for cut autos of baseball HOFers I don't have, autos of current and future Cleveland Guardians, and anything else that catches my eye!

I agree with most of your comments but isn't it all relative when it comes to paying for sub-par service?

Cable TV?  Dentist?  Lawn work?  So many disappointments and feelings of being ripped off.  Yet, we pay.  Yet, we return.  In the big picture $200 is such a small fee, right?!