`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Couldn't believe this Archives Retail pull

Couldn't believe this Archives Retail pull
The very first card I pulled was the giant 1964 box loader. I couldn't believe my eyes. The box loader autos are 1 in every 1,001 boxes.

But now what? 

How do you guys protect your oversized cards? This isn't my first box loader, but it is the first I certainly want to protect. I'm trying to find something but nothing is quite the right size.

[Image: 20200908-164130.jpg]

Also, it's nice to be back. I haven't been around in several months.
Currently looking for rare Sean Doolittle cards
1992 & 1996 Dream Team autos and relics
Bay Area High School and College star autographs

RE: Couldn't believe this Archives Retail pull
Wow!

Search ebay and collectible shops. I have Ultra Pro Toploaders as big as 5x7 and I know they even make an 8x10 for pictures.
Current Project #1 - 2022-23 O-Pee-Chee Base Set (520/600)
Current Project #2 - 2022-23 O-Pee-Chee Playing Card Set (49/54)

Current Most Wanted - 1991-92 Upper Deck #587 Nicklas Lidstrom YG PSA 10 Incoming

Thats a heckuva hit!!

That was a great box!

Sweet pull! I wish I could even find retail! If you collect comics or know someone who does a bag and board would protect that also. Was that one box? If so really really good!

Congrats! really great looking cards. I know I have a box of over sized top-loaders needed for 2020 Stadium Club somewhere in my garage. Will let you know if I find them (box is probably 10-15 years old).

Enjoy!

I ordered a bunch of large and/or off-size top loaders and penny sleeves off of eBay this summer for some of my stuff.

You can order direct from manufacturers, but if you need a small quantity there is (or at least was) a bunch of people selling them one or two at a time.
Kepler

Very nice pulls, my Archives break sucked.

Ended up just buying the Robert because I didn't want to bust any more after the retail dupe fest.

I appreciate the various advice. I ended up buying some 5x7 toploaders off amazon at Fred's suggestion. I'd thought about comic bags as I am a big comic collector but 5x7 are more appropriate.

I opened 2 blasters and a mega box. The Pagnozzi auto is from one of the blasters, but I opened both boxes at the same time and set all the packs aside before ripping the packs, so I don't know if the Ripken and Pagnozzi are from the same blaster or not. The Robert black parallel was from the Mega Box. One of the reasons I like Archives is the hit rate for autos in blasters is pretty good; I think about 1 in every 6 or 7 boxes. I've never hit an auto in any Topps retail product except Archives, but I've hit several in Archives over the last 3 years including a Sandlot auto in 2018.
Currently looking for rare Sean Doolittle cards
1992 & 1996 Dream Team autos and relics
Bay Area High School and College star autographs

Nice hit! So glad it went to an actual collector and not an idiot shark buyer or seller.