`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your favorite teams draft follies

RE: Your favorite teams draft follies
For the Packers it's been their choices in the first round.
2020-Jordan Love-TBD but we passed on a lot of much more needed talent and positions.
2019- Gary- too early to be a bust yet, but certainly had better options to draft
Savage- He looks like a solid starter.
2018- Alexander- good pick
2017- Kevin King- bust. TJ Watt was there for the taking.
2016- Kenny Clark, win
2015- Damarious Randall-Bust
2014- Ha Ha Clinton Dix-bust
2013- Datone Jones- bust
2012- Nick Perry- bust
2011- Derek Sherrod- bust
2010- Bulaga-good when healthy

So 6 busts in 10 years, and taking these guys over big time talent. Our record of taking 1st round OL guys is abysmal lol. But in many cases it was who we could've taken over who we did take. Instead of going with a name and resume, we went with swing for the fences. Yes, I still am ticked over not taking TJ Watt lol.

(08-21-2020, 11:41 AM)savagenate Wrote: 2014- Ha Ha Clinton Dix-bust
What defines a bust? Because I mean he was All-Rookie Team and went to a Pro Bowl. Didn't miss a game in four years. I mean I get when you spend a first rounder you want all-world talent for 5+ years, but compared to the rest of the list I wouldn't call him a bad pick. Not to mention he's outperformed every defensive back chosen after him.
Collect BARRY SANDERS, Tom Brady, Bama Alums and Randy Moss
[Image: cfFrftN.png]
I only give DC for trades over $50

foleylion08 Wrote:What defines a bust? Because I mean he was All-Rookie Team and went to a Pro Bowl. Didn't miss a game in four years. I mean I get when you spend a first rounder you want all-world talent for 5+ years, but compared to the rest of the list I wouldn't call him a bad pick. Not to mention he's outperformed every defensive back chosen after him.
Well he had a good rookie year, but after that his play really dropped off. Definitely wasn't a first round talent after that year. He missed a ton of tackles, and didn't play zone well. I'm not sure why, he had all the tools. So I guess when I think bust in the 1st round I expect them to stay with the team unless they price themselves out of it with the next contract. Ha Ha is now on his 3rd team in 3 years I think? Maybe bust is too harsh, reach might be better suited.

While I have no beef with Rickey Williams as person or a talent, the Saints gave up way too much to draft him in 1999.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram