`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question on 2020 Rookies in Pro Uniforms

RE: Question on 2020 Rookies in Pro Uniforms
dogger99 Wrote:Dang.  Wish I hadn't redeemed my points.  Have 1450 in my account with nothing I want.  Wonder if there is a way to transfer them (sure there is no such luck).
And, on top of that, they jacked up their shipping prices on said cards that you get with Rewards.

The last time I ever and will ever redeem points, they charged me $13 to ship 5 cards in a regular bubble mailer with regular tracking.

No priority, no overnight, no signature confirmation, etc.

So for ripping me off for $9 more than it should have cost to ship, right there they probably lost a minimum of $100 in revenue because I normally buy 4-5 blasters of Contenders football every year.

But last year's product had a rewards card in all four blasters I bought (get one jersey or auto per box! they exclaimed) ... they couldn't even bother to insert scrub jersey cards ... so I am now swearing off that product.

The arrogance and disdain for their customers astonishes me. I realize they think my $100 does not matter in the grand scheme of things, but if enough people get tired of their BS they are going to have to adjust their approach to retain their buyers.

It seems to be a common issue right now surrounding sports monopolies. Not sure if anyone plays madden, I do, and they have a monopoly in the simulation game and they are tossing out trash year after year. No innovation, promises made and never followed through on, and outright lies. This year, many of us are refusing to buy the game, and have had it trending on twitter twice...anyways, both cases are the nfl and nflpa awarding monopolies. They don't care about quality or pleasing the customer as long as they make every last cent they possibly can. If everyone stopped buying boxes/box breaks, buying gear, buying games, and not watching the games, money talks. They've proven that money trumps any principles, so they'll fix it if we hurt them enough. But do we have it in us as a community to really sacrifice to make change?

savagenate Wrote:It seems to be a common issue right now surrounding sports monopolies. Not sure if anyone plays madden, I do, and they have a monopoly in the simulation game and they are tossing out trash year after year. No innovation, promises made and never followed through on, and outright lies. This year, many of us are refusing to buy the game, and have had it trending on twitter twice...anyways, both cases are the nfl and nflpa awarding monopolies. They don't care about quality or pleasing the customer as long as they make every last cent they possibly can. If everyone stopped buying boxes/box breaks, buying gear, buying games, and not watching the games, money talks. They've proven that money trumps any principles, so they'll fix it if we hurt them enough. But do we have it in us as a community to really sacrifice to make change?
Great points on all. Maybe if everyone just picks some small way to take a stance ... like me passing on Contenders blasters this year ... those tiny drops will make an ocean.

rjcj2017 Wrote:Great points on all. Maybe if everyone just picks some small way to take a stance ... like me passing on Contenders blasters this year ... those tiny drops will make an ocean.
Hopefully!

Anyone find any 2020 Donruss retail yet?

rjcj2017 Wrote:Anyone find any 2020 Donruss retail yet?
Haven't even seen it.  The only proof I have that it exists is the internet.

Was at Target Saturday.  Not a single sport pack of any kind (other than Soccer and Racing, surprisingly the Chronicles Racing is still there lol).  Went back yesterday, and to have something on the top shelf, they put a full row of Yugioh boxes there.  I don't know if a distributor came between the time I was there Saturday and yesterday, but there was a single Topps Chrome value pack hanging there.  Doubt if it was left on purpose. May have been sitting somewhere else.  Don't care about baseball, but bought it just to open something.  I guess the good cards were an Aquino Pink Refractor and a 1985 Kyle Lewis.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

dogger99 Wrote:Haven't even seen it.  The only proof I have that it exists is the internet.

Was at Target Saturday.  Not a single sport pack of any kind (other than Soccer and Racing, surprisingly the Chronicles Racing is still there lol).  Went back yesterday, and to have something on the top shelf, they put a full row of Yugioh boxes there.  I don't know if a distributor came between the time I was there Saturday and yesterday, but there was a single Topps Chrome value pack hanging there.  Doubt if it was left on purpose. May have been sitting somewhere else.  Don't care about baseball, but bought it just to open something.  I guess the good cards were an Aquino Pink Refractor and a 1985 Kyle Lewis.
Yeah, my Target has started spreading out those Teeny Mates one per peg to make it look like they're full, LOL.

Not a bad value pack of Chrome.