`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Big Ten Football??! Kill me now

No Big Ten Football??! Kill me now
I live in the Midwest...Big Ten country...tried and true fan of 3 Big Ten teams.  Without football, I do have other options:

1.  Gain 50 lbs and then workout while whining about how hard it is to lose the weight

2.  Flip through my cards every weekend until they start to show wear

3.  Attempt dangerous stunts after checking on my life insurance policy to ensure it covers them

4.  Drink my very 1st beer and cry in it

5.  Become a political activist (never!)

6.  Spend more time on Beckett Forum and drive everybody else crazy, too!

RE: No Big Ten Football??! Kill me now
I was hearing about that this afternoon. So it is official?
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

dogger99 Wrote:I was hearing about that this afternoon.  So it is official?
Not quite...but I don't see how 12 of the 14 university Presidents will change their mind.

(08-10-2020, 07:47 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: 1.  Gain 50 lbs and then workout while whining about how hard it is to lose the weight
As a fellow midwesterner, I thought it was law that we pick up 25 lbs after high school and another 25 lbs after college Smile

jplarson Wrote:As a fellow midwesterner, I thought it was law that we pick up 25 lbs after high school and another 25 lbs after college Smile
Ha!  Quite true.  I was 130 lbs in 1985.  182 lbs now...so over 50 lbs in 35 years, but I think most is muscle.  Tongue

lol
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

Yeah it sucks. I don't feel too bad for the kids getting a free ride, but for all of those kids who had hoped to get scholarships after walking on or proving themselves, that's tough on them! It'll be interesting to see how the NFL evaluates for the draft next year. If the BIG 10 cancels, I would guess that it's also possible the other conferences close down as well.

Definitely gotta find some time fillers now...If I wasn't sick, I'd be out playing instead of watching lol. Some of the semi-pro leagues are still playing right now.

Well, the good news, I won't have to watch my Wolverines lose to Ohio State this year.

The streak is over!

(Not really)

rjcj2017 Wrote:Well, the good news, I won't have to watch my Wolverines lose to Ohio State this year.

The streak is over!

(Not really)
Gophers, Nittany Lions and Wolverines are my teams.  I am also sick of Ohio State's successes the past decade.

I'm on the westcoast and I'm pretty sure Pac12 is next. I was really looking forward to football this season as well smh