`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Weird pricing trends

Weird pricing trends
Anybody else checked their Organize lately?  Yesterday, I was scrolling through mine and noticed green arrows for 1986 Fleer Update Barry Bonds, 1989 Topps Traded Ken Griffey Jr, 1990 Leaf Larry Walker, 2001 Bowman Draft Chase Utley and Erik Bedard.

Mind you, I don't have any new cards and mainly a retro/vintage collector so I'm not accustomed to seeing a ton of green arrows so it was exciting to see a couple on some "iconic" cards.

Just curious what Erik Bedard did to warrant a positive adjustment?!  I live near Seattle.  Enough said!

1989 Topps Traded Griffey has increased 3 months in a row, along with the '89 UD.  

I understand Larry Walker's best RC increasing some for his recent HOF induction, but wouldn't you expect all his RC's to increase a little, especially since the ceremony was supposed to be last weekend?

Some other cards in Organize from this same era have increased lately that haven't seen movement in years, like 1989 Fleer Glossy Billy Ripken black box last month.  Great to see we haven't forgotten the '80's!
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars

RE: Weird pricing trends
Using this board from what I've seen so far, and I know it's a very small sample, but with so many people apparently getting annoyed at being priced out of the new stuff, I wonder if there are people going back to collecting a little old school.

I've got nothing for ya on Bedard though. That's interesting.

ricelynnevans75 Wrote:Using this board from what I've seen so far, and I know it's a very small sample, but with so many people apparently getting annoyed at being priced out of the new stuff, I wonder if there are people going back to collecting a little old school.

Those are my thoughts exactly.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

ricelynnevans75 Wrote:Using this board from what I've seen so far, and I know it's a very small sample, but with so many people apparently getting annoyed at being priced out of the new stuff, I wonder if there are people going back to collecting a little old school.

I've got nothing for ya on Bedard though.  That's interesting.
DrMitchJ Wrote:Those are my thoughts exactly.
I haven't bought any new product since 2017 and don't miss it.  Got turned off by rehashing old card designs and having to read a microscopic code on the back to determine if you had a variation?!  NO thanks!
All-time favorite insert card designs:

1. 1991 Donruss Elite
  2. 1995 Studio Platinum
  3. 1994 Flair Hot Glove
  4. 1993 Ultra Award Winners
  5. 2001 Bowman Heritage Chrome
  6. 1994 Fleer All-Stars