`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hobby/retail

hobby/retail
I was wondering how to know if I have a retail or an hobby version, especially with Absolute and Illusions brands. I've bought plenty of them on the secondary market and want to list them correctly. Also why is it that the retail version isn't priced yet? Thank you for all and any help given.
Looking for all types of rookie cards. Only trade with a d/c #. If you have less than 25 trades you must ship first. Thanks.

[Image: 3sport.png]

Banner Thanks to CoolBrees.

RE: hobby/retail
In Absolute, if I remember correctly, the hobby versions of base rookie cards are numbered - while retail has unnumbered rookies.

For some Absolute years, it was all about the card stock used. Hobby was shiny, retail was flat. It was super dumb and almost impossible to tell. Not sure if it's still like that. Not sure about Illusions.

Does anyone know why 2019 retail products aren't priced yet?
Looking for all types of rookie cards. Only trade with a d/c #. If you have less than 25 trades you must ship first. Thanks.

[Image: 3sport.png]

Banner Thanks to CoolBrees.

Because Beckett lol

savagenate Wrote:Because Beckett lol
Because "reasons" LOL

savagenate Wrote:Because Beckett lol
rjcj2017 Wrote:Because "reasons" LOL
#BecausekettReasons am I right????  lol HIGH FIVE!

jplarson Wrote:#BecausekettReasons am I right????  lol HIGH FIVE!
LOLZ

In 2020 the answer for the difference between hobby and retail is:

Hobby is ridiculously overpriced ($120 SRP boxes for $300 - what a deal!) but you might be able to find it

Retail is only slightly overpriced - but impossible to find

If only there was a second manufacturer of sports cards who could provide product for consumers to purchase. ALL WELL! As long as the NFL/NFLPA profits from their exclusive licensing agreement with Panini. I'm not mad at Panini, why wouldn't they do their best to eliminate their competition? I blame the NFLPA.