`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Optic Blasters

Two Optic Blasters
Still can't find anything in retail and since I could've pre-ordered a hobby box of Optic for $110 the week before release, I couldn't bring myself to buy one at $170. (REALLY, $170 for Optic baseball?)

I did, however, manage to snag two blasters from the Target app. Might pick up some more if they pop back up. These were the only things of note, but even the bad stuff looks pretty good.

Kepler

RE: Two Optic Blasters
I'd say you did very well! I'd be happy with those!

rjcj2017 Wrote:I'd say you did very well! I'd be happy with those!
I'm pretty happy with it. Would've like to see some Twins in there, but these three and an Acuna Diamond King and a pink Tatis Jr. Diamond King were more than enough.

And like I said, they're just nice looking cards.
Kepler

jaredhuizenga Wrote:I'm pretty happy with it. Would've like to see some Twins in there, but these three and an Acuna Diamond King and a pink Tatis Jr. Diamond King were more than enough.

And like I said, they're just nice looking cards.
Plus, other than centering, you rarely have to worry about condition as far as corners and what not.

(I don't go grading so I don't worry about surface flaws.)

rjcj2017 Wrote:Plus, other than centering, you rarely have to worry about condition as far as corners and what not.

(I don't go grading so I don't worry about surface flaws.)
The biggest thing I've noticed with Optic - and Prizm, Chrome, Select, etc. - isn't so much the corners, edges and centering, it's the print lines that you get on them.

You do get the occasional scratch, and they're way more noticeable in those brands, but those print lines are what kills the surface grade more often. At least in what I've seen and pulled.
Kepler

jaredhuizenga Wrote:The biggest thing I've noticed with Optic - and Prizm, Chrome, Select, etc. - isn't so much the corners, edges and centering, it's the print lines that you get on them.

You do get the occasional scratch, and they're way more noticeable in those brands, but those print lines are what kills the surface grade more often. At least in what I've seen and pulled.
Indeed.

I just hate bent corners ... always wonder if the doosh bag pack searchers dropped them on the floor or something.

(Which is why I buy blasters ... or used to buy blasters. Ah, the circle of life.)

rjcj2017 Wrote:Indeed.

I just hate bent corners ... always wonder if the doosh bag pack searchers dropped them on the floor or something.

(Which is why I buy blasters ... or used to buy blasters. Ah, the circle of life.)
I had an itch to open something over the weekend, so I bought 5 or 6 Series 2 packs from the gravity box. One of the cards had what appeared to be a fingernail indentation on the side from a searcher.
Kepler

jaredhuizenga Wrote:I had an itch to open something over the weekend, so I bought 5 or 6 Series 2 packs from the gravity box. One of the cards had what appeared to be a fingernail indentation on the side from a searcher.
It's funny, since the advent of the retail shark, I had forgotten how much I despise pack searchers.

You could make the case that the retail shark is actually bigger scum than the pack searcher, because at least the pack searcher leaves some or most of the product behind for everyone else (even if there are indentations on the cardsĀ or Cheeto dust on the packaging).

Wow, I never thought someone could be lower than a pack searcher.