`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1996 Finest Base Set Gallery

1996 Finest Base Set Gallery
Is there anything better that finding that one elusive card to finish off a set?  I submit there is not!

This guy I've on a search filter for a very long time:

Yes, the unassuming Kimble Anders.  Not popular enough to list or have for tradel, rarer than other cards because it's a gold base card (1:24 packs).  The perfect storm of low supply and low demand.

However the chase for 1996 Finest set is complete!  It's quite possibly the most jumbled Finest release ever.  While 1997 also had Common bronze, Uncommon silver, and Rare gold, Topps at least had enough sense to group them together rather than scatter them throughout the checklist like '96.

You can see the whole gallery here - http://jplarson.com/finest/1996/base/index.html

Check out the oddball 1996 Finest marketing materials I found here - http://jplarson.com/finest1996.html

As always, thanks for looking and keep those collections the Finest!

RE: 1996 Finest Base Set Gallery
So cool! That's gotta be an awesome feeling! Congrats!

P.S did you join insta yet? Smile

24 years after its release and now complete! Congrats! The satisfaction!

What is your next elusive card that you're hunting down?
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

You should have just asked me, I have like three of those sitting around in a box called "random 1996 Finest trade bait."

Just kidding.

Congrats!

rjcj2017 Wrote:You should have just asked me, I have like three of those sitting around in a box called "random 1996 Finest trade bait."

Just kidding.

Congrats!
I have a feeling this is where some of my cards are hiding :p lol

savagenate Wrote:I have a feeling this is where some of my cards are hiding :p lol
It's right next to a box labeled "My Favorite Aaron Rodgers Cards That I Will Never Trade" LOL

(07-31-2020, 10:46 AM)savagenate Wrote: So cool! That's gotta be an awesome feeling! Congrats!

P.S did you join insta yet? Smile
Not yet, still need to get on that.

(08-03-2020, 08:38 PM)jaderock Wrote: 24 years after its release and now complete! Congrats! The satisfaction!

What is your next elusive card that you're hunting down?
Thanks dude! In terms of elusive cards, nothing specific is coming to mind, Anders was flat out not even out there. There's other cards which are but for exorbitant prices. Next area of focus is 1997, I have all the bronzes, now need to work on filling in the silvers and golds. Long term, still hoping to complete the 1999 Finest Gold Refractor set. Past that.... probably 2005 Finest Aaron Rodgers base auto and 2004 Finest Ben Roethlisberger and Philip Rivers base autos.

(08-03-2020, 09:51 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: You should have just asked me, I have like three of those sitting around in a box called "random 1996 Finest trade bait."
My heart leapt a moment at reading that, YOU GOT ME GOOD!

jplarson Wrote:Not yet, still need to get on that.

Thanks dude!  In terms of elusive cards, nothing specific is coming to mind, Anders was flat out not even out there.  There's other cards which are but for exorbitant prices.  Next area of focus is 1997, I have all the bronzes, now need to work on filling in the silvers and golds.  Long term, still hoping to complete the 1999 Finest Gold Refractor set.  Past that.... probably 2005 Finest Aaron Rodgers base auto and 2004 Finest Ben Roethlisberger and Philip Rivers base autos.

My heart leapt a moment at reading that, YOU GOT ME GOOD!
That would be awesome if it was true. I would have just sent you the Anders, so it was the thought that counted I guess.