`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This hobby has been so good to me!

This hobby has been so good to me!
Had to give a shoutout here. For the new guys, I started collecting for real in 2012. My first box I ever bought, I pulled  Russell Wilson auto/patch from Absolute. Second box was an Andrew Luck Jersey card /49. I was hooked. It started out as trying to build a business selling cards, as I've been disabled for years, and was looking for something to bring in some money. Well, the business never panned out, but I fell in love with chasing cards and rainbows! Joining Beckett, I met a lot of cool people who helped mentor me, and many went way out of their way to help me start and continue my collections. One of my first chasers was to Super PC Jonathan Franklin, RB, Packers, drafted behind Eddie Lacy in 2013. I thought Franklin was the better fit, and liked his dual threat game. Unfortunately he sustained a career ending injury in the first few weeks of that rookie year. 

Fast forward to yesterday, where I still have a few of my favorite cards of him, and I get a package out of the blue from jplarson. I open it up, and there is this! https://flic.kr/p/2joK35o An autographed Franklin Jersey! I was amazed and super excited to add something like that to my packers collection! Thank you so much JP! That was extremely kind of you! You are one of the guys who keeps the hobby great! I'm now scheming how best to display it and wondering if I can pair it with my favorite cards someway...we'll see. 

Again, thanks JP, and lets all work at keeping the hobby in the hobby and help each other out! Difficult to post pictures here, but follow me on IG at budgettcollector99 if you want to see more updates on my collection! While you're at it, there a lot of cool collectors on there sharing their stuff as well!

RE: This hobby has been so good to me!
Very cool. Shows that there are still a lot of good people out there that like to do things just out of kindness.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

Excellent...especially a Bears fan helping out a Packer-backer.

You got it good buddy!!! I saw it on clearance and knew it's best home was with you Smile

jplarson is awesome!
With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

Excellent. Let's all work at keeping the hobby in the hobby and help each other out.