`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kyle Busch - SMH

Kyle Busch - SMH
XFinity race - I did not watch, because he was in it. Glad he got DQ'd.

Truck race - He would much rather get the win and then sing the praises of Christian Eckes than have Eckes win to get a guaranteed Playoff spot. I just do not understand the thought process. KB hurts his own team by racing, just so he can show how much better he is than a bunch of High School kids. One of the best drivers in NASCAR drives in Truck races against kids that can't drink a beer yet, and is so proud of himself for winning.

I know it is about sponsors, but in the end, if you listen to the interview with Eckes, you can hear the frustration and disappointment...

Ridiculous. And I will point it out every time.
Looking for:
2012 Total Memorabilia Tony Stewart Melting
Triple 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

05 Studio Portraits Bob Feller (45/56, 80% complete)

I collect Tony Stewart, Bob Feller, Steve Yzerman, Victor Martinez.

www.dunnere.weebly.com

RE: Kyle Busch - SMH
Tom, I get where you are coming from. I think KB is just competitive. I think he loves to race and that's why he races in Xfinity and Truck. I don't think he knows any other way. I am also sure it is killing him that he doesn't have a win in the Cup series yet. NASCAR drivers have always gone back down and raced Xfinity/Truck cars. When KB does it he is just so dominating.
Paul Goldschmidt: 634 Total Cards, 339 Different
Joe Montana: 325 Total Cards, 267 Different
Jerry Rice: 685 Total Cards, 618 Different
Steve Young: 942 Total Cards, 742 Different

wilsonsportscards Wrote:Tom, I get where you are coming from.  I think KB is just competitive.  I think he loves to race and that's why he races in Xfinity and Truck.  I don't think he knows any other way.  I am also sure it is killing him that he doesn't have a win in the Cup series yet.  NASCAR drivers have always gone back down and raced Xfinity/Truck cars.  When KB does it he is just so dominating.
i know that KB is competitive, no doubt, but XFinity and Trucks are now developmental series, not B League anymore. 

Last season, three guys dominated XFinity, and Custer, Reddick, and Bell are all Cup now, because there was no more to be gained in XFinity for them. Their development was over, and it was time for them to get promoted.

And look, i do not have an issue with Cup guys driving in a XFinity race to get some laps, but when the DEFENDING Cup Champion feels the need to go and dominate drivers that are nowhere near his caliber...ridiculous.

And forget about the Truck races...the guys running Truck are a few guys that can only run trucks, like Moffit, Sauter, Enfinger, Crafton, Friesen, and a bunch of 19 year olds. Christian Eckes is 19, dominated that race, except for big, bad Kyle outrunning him to win by a dick...err, a nose. 

i think KB does the sport a disservice.
Looking for:
2012 Total Memorabilia Tony Stewart Melting
Triple 1/1
Quad 1/1
Jumbo 1/1
Hot Rod Relics 1/1

05 Studio Portraits Bob Feller (45/56, 80% complete)

I collect Tony Stewart, Bob Feller, Steve Yzerman, Victor Martinez.

www.dunnere.weebly.com

The way I see it, Kyle is teaching all those kids many lessons by racing against them. They get to see what he does to get by them at a variety of tracks and follow his path around those tracks. Look at how many young drivers are in Cup now just b/c Kyle hired them to drive his trucks or convinced JGR to put that driver in their NXS cars. Just off the top of my head is Bubba, Jones, Byron, Bell and don't forget that Larson started with KBM too. Busch does help the truck series a lot, but I don't think he needs to be racing NXS races. I wish he'd hurry up and get to 100 wins so that we don't see him in those anymore. NXS has plenty of veteran drivers to help teach the young drivers, as well as the semi-retired drivers like Kligerman and 'Dinger that run random races.

I get that Truck and Xfinity are development. I am personally a little over that. Look at all of the guys that got to NASCAR that aren't competitive once they get to NASCAR. They will never be better than average and will occasionally luck into a win due to strategy. Not because they were the fastest car. Some of it is difference between equipment, but some of isn't. Some of them get pulled up too fast. Lets see how they do against a KB in an Xfinity car. If they can't beat him there they definitely aren't going to beat him in NASCAR.

With the current no practice for Cup, I think it is a huge advantage if a cup guy can run on Saturday. I know there are a lot of differences between the cars but some of it still translates. I actually think this is why KB did so well at Texas.
Paul Goldschmidt: 634 Total Cards, 339 Different
Joe Montana: 325 Total Cards, 267 Different
Jerry Rice: 685 Total Cards, 618 Different
Steve Young: 942 Total Cards, 742 Different