`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it me, or is collation these days awful?

Is it me, or is collation these days awful?
Ok, I've got to get on my soapbox and rant for a bit. This started with some Diamond Kings I bought recently. I busted 4 blasters, and I got up to 3-4 of the same base card and up to 2-3 of the same inserts. Even the same Artist's Proof were the same. The sad thing is I bought all 4 within a week from the same Walmart, so I know they were from the same shipment. 

Then last night I started sorting my 2-row shoebox of 2020 Topps Series 1. Basically what I did was bust packs, pull the inserts, variations and hits and put all the base, including RCs, into a 2-row shoebox. It got full, so I decided to start sorting it. I finished it just now, and I couldn't even make a single set ... out of 1,600 base cards. That's right, I had a full 2-row shoebox and couldn't get a single set. 

I was missing a Cavan Biggio (#327), and that kept me from making one set. Then the next set I was missing 29 cards. I stopped trying to put sets together after the second. So now I have around 650 cards for 2 sets and over 1k extras. 

Finally, I was going through my Bowman base. I only busted maybe 6-8 packs of this. I had 2 Bo RCs, 2 Alvarez RCs and 2 of many other cards.

It's so frustrating. Is it just my bad collation? Or are others seeing the same frustrating thing. It's so tough on set builders/collectors to try and build sets or PCs when you get 2-3 of the same card out of a handful of packs. There, I just had to vent. I'm stepping off my soapbox now.

RE: Is it me, or is collation these days awful?
I have had this issue since 2013 when buying hangar packs or blasters. Not so much with hobby boxes.

Worst collation ever was for a football product - 2016 Panini Football. I purchased 8 blasters from a wholesaler. 3 of them had the exact same cards, including the memorabilia card. 2 others had the exact same. 2 others had the exact same. So, out of 8 blasters, I only had 4 different collation of cards.

What a waste, and I still have the dupes available!

Very poor collation is not a new problem. I've been fighting it since 1993 (1993 Upper Deck was the worst).
[Image: 2p7g0XL.png]

I have a couple of threads related to this, both about Topps Series 2 ... but yes, agreed, collation (especially retail) has always been iffy and is especially bad this year.

Just laziness on the part of the manufacturer.

I will not be buying any more Topps flagship because of it.

test

I have reported the site issues.......seems only replies go through in the forums. ORG/OPG/TRADE as well
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)