`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanks for Nothing, Topps - Series 2 Break

Thanks for Nothing, Topps - Series 2 Break
So I just grabbed two more blasters and a hanger of Topps Series 2, looking for the Mookie Betts base card and the Luis Robert RC.

Total – 4 blasters, 1 hanger, 7 loose packs

Betts base cards – 0

Robert RCs – 0

But I did get a bunch of, you know, Honus Wagner, Robin Yount and Johnny Bench inserts.

(No offense, I know there are Brewers and Reds collectors here, just saying … does my collection need these cards in 2020?)

Not to mention 4-5 duplicates of some current players.

Nice collation as usual, Topps.

You win, keep my $120.

I’m done with this product.

RE: Thanks for Nothing, Topps - Series 2 Break
rjcj2017 Wrote:So I just grabbed two more blasters and a hanger of Topps Series 2, looking for the Mookie Betts base card and the Luis Robert RC.

Total – 4 blasters, 1 hanger, 7 loose packs

Betts base cards – 0

Robert RCs – 0

But I did get a bunch of, you know, Honus Wagner, Robin Yount and Johnny Bench inserts.

(No offense, I know there are Brewers and Reds collectors here, just saying … does my collection need these cards in 2020?)

Not to mention 4-5 duplicates of some current players.

Nice collation as usual, Topps.

You win, keep my $120.

I’m done with this product.
Cosign. I was happy to see the new S2 blasters at my local, grabbed one after a run to the post office. One nice Topps Chrome Mo Rivera insert, but the rest was... uninspired. I am finding the sequencing/collation to be mind-bending. Thought it was a fluke in some early jumbo packs, but seeing the same four card run over and over again.

Instead of counting sheep, I will be counting Mike Minor, Justin Smoak, Justus Sheffield, Dylan Bundy runs of four tonight.

smithkr Wrote:Cosign. I was happy to see the new S2 blasters at my local, grabbed one after a run to the post office. One nice Topps Chrome Mo Rivera insert, but the rest was... uninspired. I am finding the sequencing/collation to be mind-bending. Thought it was a fluke in some early jumbo packs, but seeing the same four card run over and over again.

Instead of counting sheep, I will be counting Mike Minor, Justin Smoak, Justus Sheffield, Dylan Bundy runs of four tonight.
Exactly. I find it absurd that I can buy four blasters, a hanger and seven loose packs from the same store/same drop allotment at the same time and pull 4-5 copies of some players and zero of others.

Then again, Topps retail collation has always been like that, so I only have myself to blame.

By the way, did you have a chance to consult your main man about our trade? PM me if you'd like.

Thanks!

RJ

Man that's tough with the Topps Series 2. I haven't even seen it at my Walmart. My LCS hasn't gotten it in yet either. 

In the meantime, I've opened 4 blasters of Diamond Kings. Gotten 3 of many of the same base cards and 2-3 of the same inserts. It's very frustrating. That's $80 I could've spent on a nice vintage card. Lesson learned. In fact, I went into Walmart and Walgreens and didn't buy any cards. That's a first for me.

crazyforkinsler5 Wrote:Man that's tough with the Topps Series 2. I haven't even seen it at my Walmart. My LCS hasn't gotten it in yet either. 

In the meantime, I've opened 4 blasters of Diamond Kings. Gotten 3 of many of the same base cards and 2-3 of the same inserts. It's very frustrating. That's $80 I could've spent on a nice vintage card. Lesson learned. In fact, I went into Walmart and Walgreens and didn't buy any cards. That's a first for me.
Yep, I noticed that with Diamond Kings. I bought a grand total of two blasters and two hangers and ended up with dupes on both base and inserts.

I was happy with what I got, because I got what I wanted (LOL), but Topps Series 2 has been a disaster.

It's my own fault ... if I'm only chasing two cards out of the entire series I probably shouldn't be buying it based on the poor checklist ... it ain't exactly 2011 Topps Update, you know what I mean?

But still, you would think that if a group of blasters comes from the same vending case in the same allotment that they would be collated better.

Usually each of the Topps series run between 300-350 cards, so if each blaster has about 100 cards give or take, you should be able to pick up at least one base card by the time you buy 4-5 blasters, right?

Like I said, I should be used to it by now.

I probably could have gotten both cards for $10 online if I would have tried.

The only saving grace was a Betts Home Run Challenge card, a few Trout inserts and a couple of decent A's and Giants RCs for my PCs.