Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found Some Retail Baseball! 3 Blasters - 2020 Big League Baseball

Found Some Retail Baseball! 3 Blasters - 2020 Big League Baseball
Friends,

Checked Target right after the card lady finished up on Wednesday night (last time I found new baseball product was on a Friday afternoon ... truly random around here) and went for 3 blasters of 2020 Topps Big League Baseball.

I was hoping to find Series 2 Topps, but this worked out better.

Each Big League blaster had 10 cards of 10 packs each, one orange parallel per pack, plus a blue parallel cellophane pack of 5 cards. More on this in a minute.

I was hoping to pull a Dodgers card of Mookie Betts. More on this in a minute. 

Highlights:

Blaster 1:

- Hunter Harvey, Orioles, Orange Parallel of Opening Act Auto/99
- Aaron Civale, Indians, Blue Parallel of Base Auto - out of the blue parallel pack ... never pulled an auto out of a parallel pack, nor had I pulled two autos out of a baseball blaster before!
- Luis Robert RC

Blaster 2 - mostly meh, lots of dupes:

- Luis Robert RC

Blaster 3 - went back and bought this because I was irritated about all the dupes in the second blaster:

- Lourdes Gurriel, Blue Jays, Big League Autographs Base Auto
- Mike Trout #293 Highlights Orange Parallel
- Fourth to last pack ... thrilled to pull this guy ...

Mookie Betts orange parallel!

Anyway, three autos in three blasters, plus two RCs of the best guy in the product, plus a tough parallel (1 per pack, 300 cards in the set) of the one guy I wanted the most ... I'll call it a win.

RE: Found Some Retail Baseball! 3 Blasters - 2020 Big League Baseball
The only criticism I would have of this product would be too many League Leader cards ... I know a lot of you like the triple player cards but it seemed like there was one in every pack.

Also, could have done without the art cards of the players with the big heads. I just don't see the appeal.

One more thing ... why do card companies ever make any cards with colored borders on the back?

Chipping is pretty rampant on anything without a plain white border.

But, all in all, this is a fun rip.

Too bad the photo image does not work (I blame Covid-19).

kerryandbeth Wrote:Too bad the photo image does not work (I blame Covid-19).
Huh?

Shows up fine on my screen.

Oh well, if not ... it's the orange parallel Mookie Betts.

Nice pulls, RJ! But the pic doesn't show up for me, either. Says "Image not found".
Collecting Robin Yount, Brewers Topps parallels, Brewers autos and Jonathan Lucroy in a Brewers uni.

Lucroy Brewers Collection : 589/596 non 1/1's (98.8%) and 65 1/1's

aprirr Wrote:Nice pulls, RJ! But the pic doesn't show up for me, either. Says "Image not found".
Yeah, it's some new thing with imgbb.com that I have to figure out ... I've been using them for months and this is the first time that's happened.

Probably be a few days because I'm away from my computer for a bit.

(Doing this reply from my phone.)

aprirr Wrote:Nice pulls, RJ! But the pic doesn't show up for me, either. Says "Image not found".

Something new: 
users of imgbb, make sure to not allow auto-delete prior to uploading images. That’s why I suspect some people’s pics are disappearing after a certain period of time. 
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.