`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
0.400 BA and other milestones for 60 game season

0.400 BA and other milestones for 60 game season
While some career marks are going to get shorted because of the shortened season, it got me thinking about single season marks.  While I don't expect anyone to come close to any single  season accumulative records (i.e. most HRs, etc) with only 60 games, I do wonder if other records and milestones might get challenged.  With 60 games, it will only take 186 at bats to qualify for the batting title?  I have a feeling someone might be pressing 0.400 this year, and with the shortened season might actually pull it off.
Obviously with 60 games nobody is going to be a 20-game winner, but I expect that we could see at least one pitcher end the season with a perfect record (100% win/loss ratio)?
What other milestones or records do you see being more achievable due to there only being 60 games?
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

RE: 0.400 BA and other milestones for 60 game season
60 game hitting streak
60 home runs
60 saves

That would be less likely than a .400 BA, but ya’never know.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

Lowest Earned Run Average could happen. Also potentially the fewest of all accumulative records.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

zeprock Wrote:Lowest Earned Run Average could happen. Also potentially the fewest of all accumulative records.
Hmmm, very true ... you’re also gonna have some guys that usually have pre-set 200 inning limitations imposed ... without that you’ll have guys like Strasburg going full throttle
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

I know one thing for sure ... the Tigers won't lose 100 games again!

How about least amount of injuries?

kerryandbeth Wrote:How about least amount of injuries?

Nah, my Yankees will be down 5 guys during modified spring training. That’s about their average per year.

I don't know how they're going to pull this season off. Red Sox, Blue Jays, Marlins, Rockies, Yankees and another team have all had players test positive for COVID. If one player comes down with it, don't they have to quarantine the entire team? I don't know how they will be able to stick to their schedule. We'll see.
I collect Hall of Fame baseball player cards and cards of current and retired superstars.

My Huge Wantlist: http://www.zeprock.com/WantList.html

One other thing that I think could happen is another triple crown winner. There is always someone who catches for the first couple months before coming back down, but with only 60 games there won't be time to come back down. That is why I think 0.400 average could happen.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

djohn Wrote:One other thing that I think could happen is another triple crown winner.  There is always someone who catches for the first couple months before coming back down, but with only 60 games there won't be time to come back down.  That is why I think 0.400 average could happen.

Somewhere else, I mentioned that Mike Trout could easily win a triple crown if he bats .350, has 25 HRs, and drives in 50 RBIs. My NL guess for a possible Triple Crown is Christian Yelich.