Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Actual 2020 Score Retail Break - For Real This Time

Actual 2020 Score Retail Break - For Real This Time
Football Friends,

I stopped in to Target the other day and they actually had two blasters of 2020 Score Football, so I grabbed them ... and they sucked.

All 36 rookie cards (12 packs, 3 rookies per) in each box were duplicates, meaning I got 2 of every RC I pulled.

So, I got two Tua RCs as the main highlight, plus a N'Keal Harry jersey card in the first blaster and a Jared Goff jersey card in the second one as my guaranteed hits.

Very, very meh, especially for how long I waited to find these.

Undeterred, I went back in and bought the last three hanger boxes for $9.99 apiece.

Much better deal.

First hanger ... Joe Burrow LSU RC ... great but not the version I wanted - that would be the Ohio State version.

Always good to pull a mem card of this guy though:

[Image: Mc-Caffrey.jpg]

Second hanger, absolutely thrilled to pull this guy ...

[Image: Joe-Burrow.jpg]

A purple parallel of the exact card I was hoping to pull!

I also pulled a mem card of Tyler Lockett in the third hanger, so that made for two hits in three hangers.

Plus, I pulled a base Chase Young RC for good measure.

I'm not positive about the odds, but I pulled one purple RC in each of the three hangers, so I assume they are one per box ... with 110 rookies in the set the Burrow was quite a pull.

I am definitely done with the product, as I am still very annoyed at the horrible collation in the blasters.

RE: Actual 2020 Score Retail Break - For Real This Time
I haven't seen any Score football in retail - although the Target near my office had an XFL blaster (apparently even the Retail Sharks know enough to not buy XFL cards, LOL!) so maybe the product is being delayed.

I'm hoping there will be a new shipment a couple of months from now when no one cares so I can finish building the Score base set.

I guess the memorabilia cards were leftover RPS items - McCaffery is still a pretty good player to pull.

ZSDOne Wrote:I haven't seen any Score football in retail - although the Target near my office had an XFL blaster (apparently even the Retail Sharks know enough to not buy XFL cards, LOL!) so maybe the product is being delayed.

I'm hoping there will be a new shipment a couple of months from now when no one cares so I can finish building the Score base set.

I guess the memorabilia cards were leftover RPS items - McCaffery is still a pretty good player to pull.
Yeah, the Goff jersey is from the Freshman Flashbacks set, definitely a leftover, LOL

It was nice to pull a McCaffrey ... I bought a jersey auto card of his before his rookie year (big name in college out here), but had never actually pulled any hits of him myself before the other day.

I'm happy to help with your set, I do not plan on trying to complete one.

I usually like to get two hobby boxes of Score - I am hoping to get a second box when prices drop.

It does look some some sanity is returning - Panini released Legacy for $140 (with tax) on their website - pre-orders on some sites were running over $200. I got a box direct from Panini and hopefully will get a box from my LCS (which probably will be about the same price) to get two of Legacy since it was a product I really liked last year.

ZSDOne Wrote:I usually like to get two hobby boxes of Score - I am hoping to get a second box when prices drop.

It does look some some sanity is returning - Panini released Legacy for $140 (with tax) on their website - pre-orders on some sites were running over $200.  I got a box direct from Panini and hopefully will get a box from my LCS (which probably will be about the same price) to get two of Legacy since it was a product I really liked last year.
Good luck, let us know what you get!

rjcj2017 Wrote:Good luck, let us know what you get!
I will - its already shipped (and while its higher than it should, it is still available on Panini's website so, I am hopeful that some sanity is coming back to the market) - but then there is a Target exclusive Chronicles Draft coming out which is sure to give the Retail Sharks something to chase - the  2019 NFL Chronicles was one of the first products to suffer the extreme inflation of price ending up about double over its initial price.  

I am sure all of the retail sharks are mapping out their ways to every Target around to buy it up and sell it for three times the price online

ZSDOne Wrote:I will - its already shipped (and while its higher than it should, it is still available on Panini's website so, I am hopeful that some sanity is coming back to the market) - but then there is a Target exclusive Chronicles Draft coming out which is sure to give the Retail Sharks something to chase - the  2019 NFL Chronicles was one of the first products to suffer the extreme inflation of price ending up about double over its initial price.  

I am sure all of the retail sharks are mapping out their ways to every Target around to buy it up and sell it for three times the price online
For sure. Luckily I have been making some good trades on the site as of late ... otherwise I would be beyond frustrated at this point.

If this keeps going the way it is, I will just end up buying PC singles online for a fraction of the cost.

I refuse to let the sharks profit off me in any way, shape or form.

Definitely - I will only get retail at face value - and really, I prefer to pay less than face value for retail. Paying more than face value for retail is terrible.

And really, I am just hoping that eventually I will make it back to the usual LCS where I buy singles - and it is nice I have an LCS nearby to get hobby boxes - the online price gouging has become really bad

Finally got some Score today. No blasters or hanger boxes, long gone. There were 18 value packs, I grabbed 15 of them. Should give me a decent start on the base and insert sets.
I collect Andre Johnson, JJ Watt, Redskins who played in the 70’s & 80’s, HOF’ers and Texas A&M Aggies.
Email: rbredskin@windstream.net
No trading outside the U.S.

dogger99 Wrote:Finally got some Score today.  No blasters or hanger boxes, long gone.  There were 18 value packs, I grabbed 15 of them.  Should give me a decent start on the base and insert sets.
Happy to trade any of your set needs for the Trufant auto!!!

Let me know, thanks!

RJ