`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First time getting cards graded

First time getting cards graded
I'm a newbie at sending cards to get graded and they were received on May 5 th.  I know the grading process  is slower because of the Covid restrictions.  I saw 10 days ago my check was cashed so i know they at least opened the box. I haven't seen anything on the website or heard anything.  By other people experience once the check is cashed should i be expecting to have the cards my cards graded in the near future ?   Thank you for an answer or advice

RE: First time getting cards graded
What service did you select?

To echo sunny, which service level did you select and how many cards did you submit?

Right now, unless you subbed at one of the higher end (2, 5 day) levels the levels are estimates that aren't being hit. Like most of us we're in various hobby message boards and facebook groups and I'm across the internet seeing 30 day subs taking a LOT longer than 6 weeks.

That said, as stressful as the wait is, you can't beat a BGS holder for your collectibles. I can assure you that your cards are safe and will get graded, with all of the flaws @ BGS they at least EVENTUALLY do get everything out. Eventually.

Good luck, please feel free to share the scans when they come back. There's a great thread in this subforum for recent slabs.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

I chose the 30 day and sent 29 cards.  Just anxious to see what they come back graded at.  I wasn't planning on selling them for years but a medical situation arose in the last year and need to pay some hospital bills.  Thank you for your response and reassurance that there safe.  It seems like all we've been getting is bad news lately.

dbcb34 Wrote:I chose the 30 day and sent 29 cards.  Just anxious to see what they come back graded at.  I wasn't planning on selling them for years but a medical situation arose in the last year and need to pay some hospital bills.  Thank you for your response and reassurance that there safe.  It seems like all we've been getting is bad news lately.
I did 30 days and my cards were received on 4/15 and I still don't have them back yet.  The last note I got from them was to expect it to take 3 months for 30 day orders.

So to reduce the vagueness of my last post with real numbers, "longer than six weeks," I read in one of my hobby FB groups that it took a few users 3 months to get their 30 days back. So, Sunny's follow up is at least a 2nd report of this number being cited.

Hobby instagram

Thank you

First time sending in cards to get graded as well...i did a 30 day knowing my cards would be delayed 2-3 months. My question is...do they email you when they receive your cards? I sent the package through ups and my tracking says it was delivered on 6/19/2020 but they haven’t emailed me that they received it or charge my card. Can someone help me out? Appreciate it in advance.

Generally, no. They're overwhelmed. Keep more of an eye on when your payment method is hit.

Hobby instagram

topnotchflip g mints Wrote:First time sending in cards to get graded as well...i did a 30 day knowing my cards would be delayed 2-3 months. My question is...do they email you when they receive your cards? I sent the package through ups and my tracking says it was delivered on 6/19/2020 but they haven’t emailed me that they received it or charge my card. Can someone help me out? Appreciate it in advance.

I sent it US mail and paid to get notified when they received the package.  That was the first week of May when they were received.  They opened the box and cashed my check about 3 weeks ago.  Haven't heard anything and I guess I won't be expecting to for another month from what I'm hearing.  Good Luck on the grading