`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EBAY shipping question

EBAY shipping question
If a package is lost in shipping am I responsible for filing a claim or the buyer? Tracking shows last scan on May 5th saying it was on the way to the next facility.

I have been lucky enough to have never had this issue before. I would think since I have a tracking # that was updated at some point that I wouldn't be on the hook as I obviously shipped it out. But again I am not 100% sure.

RE: EBAY shipping question
I don't know, but every time I call the local postmaster and complain the tracking magically updates, every time.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

(05-17-2020, 01:14 PM)chevy man 22 Wrote: If a package is lost in shipping am I responsible for filing a claim or the buyer? Tracking shows last scan on May 5th saying it was on the way to the next facility.

I have been lucky enough to have never had this issue before. I would think since I have a tracking # that was updated at some point that I wouldn't be on the hook as I obviously shipped it out. But again I am not 100% sure.
Being you are the seller, it would benefit you to take the lead in trying to get the issue resolved. It way to easy for the buyer to put in a claim through ebay or paypal and get refunded if the item sits in limbo to long, and very possible for the item to end up delivering unscanned and then your out the item and the $$

As the seller, you would be responsible for item getting to the buyer, even if the post office lost it. Many sellers opt for insurance & unless it has changed; usps gives you $50.00 insurance at no cost if using Priority Mail.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

(05-17-2020, 09:01 PM)krn001 Wrote: As the seller, you would be responsible for item getting to the buyer, even if the post office lost it. Many sellers opt for insurance & unless it has changed; usps gives you $50.00 insurance at no cost if using Priority Mail.
Correct
$50 with usps Priority
$100 with one of the similar priced FedEx products
So depending on the package, sometimes FedEx works out slightly better, and to me, going to either place is equally inconvenient Smile
But either way, the person that actually buys the insurance files the claim. So that would be the seller.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.