`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Panini no longer accepting expired redemptions

RE: Panini no longer accepting expired redemptions
I've done deleted the email chain as it involved a football 2012 Topps product/RC. By the time I realized the player just flat out wasn't signing that product he was at the top of his position and making pro bowls (2016), the card was worth 3 digits. I initiated questions to Topps CS and they said he never signed, they can offer me a substitution. I laid out what players I collect for each sport as well as some of their non sports stuff to give them a lot of wiggle room. The guy wrote back that according to their records the card was worth $20. I plead my case, nothing. The last email I got from the same CS rep was, "Do you want the substitution or not?" I agreed and I wound up getting a much lower valued card.

I'm glad to see the update that was added to the OP. I've stopped buying Topps boxes, only buy singles when relevant. I didn't want to have to try and take a high ground on Panini too.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

RE: Panini no longer accepting expired redemptions
(05-04-2020, 03:19 AM)y2hood Wrote: I've done deleted the email chain as it involved a football 2012 Topps product/RC. By the time I realized the player just flat out wasn't signing that product he was at the top of his position and making pro bowls (2016), the card was worth 3 digits. I initiated questions to Topps CS and they said he never signed, they can offer me a substitution. I laid out what players I collect for each sport as well as some of their non sports stuff to give them a lot of wiggle room. The guy wrote back that according to their records the card was worth $20. I plead my case, nothing. The last email I got from the same CS rep was, "Do you want the substitution or not?" I agreed and I wound up getting a much lower valued card.

I'm glad to see the update that was added to the OP. I've stopped buying Topps boxes, only buy singles when relevant. I didn't want to have to try and take a high ground on Panini too.
I once pulled an Allen Iverson auto redemption out of a box of 2001-02 Topps Basketball ... long story short, after a year and a half and several phone calls and emails ... including BS like "he's coming in next week to sign" ... I got a package of three scrub jersey cards and three scrub autos.

When I called to voice my obvious disappointment, they were like "it's equal value" ... pfffft.

Then, fast forward a few years, I pull a DJ Augustin auto redemption out of 2008-09 Topps Chrome Basketball ... at the time it was a huge hit ... they replaced it with a common veteran auto from Topps Signature Basketball.

Then, to top it off, I bought one of the redemption cards online for a 2011 Bowman Bryce Harper auto and redeemed it ... the card arrived sticking halfway out of the toploader with no tape or team bag holding it in place.

Luckily there was enough air in the bubble mailer that it wasn't damaged, but at that point I said never again with Topps redemptions.

Even their missing hit replacements suck ... a few years back I bought a box of Walmart Holiday Baseball that guarantees a jersey card or an auto.

Well, this one didn't have a hit, but after about eight weeks they sent me an auto and a jersey card of two players no longer in MLB at that point.

So yeah, if you don't pull something directly out of the pack with Topps, I wish everyone the best of luck with what they do end up with.