Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Retail Sharks Actually Helped Me Out This Time

The Retail Sharks Actually Helped Me Out This Time
Happy Easter, friends!

Check this out ... in addition to my recent chase for Luis Robert cards, I have also been keeping an eye out for any retail football draft stuff.

So last night around closing time at WalMart I grabbed three blasters and a jumbo 3-pack of Prizm Draft football.

I did pretty well but didn't actually pull the one player I was looking for, of course - Chase Young.

I went back very early this morning to grab a couple more blasters, and of course the sharks had cleared everything out ... at least six blasters and probably 10 jumbo packs.

However, there were three lonely little 3-packs of Gypsy Queen baseball left, so I grabbed them ... and pulled the Robert RC!

I had just enough money for a couple of football blasters, so if they would have been there I would not have bought the GQ packs.

Stay safe and well and have a great Easter!

RE: The Retail Sharks Actually Helped Me Out This Time
(04-10-2020, 12:51 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Happy Easter, friends!

However, there were three lonely little 3-packs of Gypsy Queen baseball left, so I grabbed them ... and pulled the Robert RC!

I had just enough money for a couple of football blasters, so if they would have been there I would not have bought the GQ packs.

Stay safe and well and have a great Easter!
Congrats! Did you have to wipe off the Cheetos dust first?

(04-10-2020, 03:33 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Congrats! Did you have to wipe off the Cheetos dust first?
LOL, no pack searchers today, but one thing still perplexes me ... I left the store at about 20 minutes before closing last night, and at that point there were still about 6 blasters and 8-10 jumbo packs left, not counting what I bought.

I was back at the store by about 7:45 a.m. this morning ... so they either made a last second dash into the store last night or were there reeeeaaallly early this morning.

I could not believe it ... they literally buy everything, like, clean them out of certain products. You have exactly one shot at anything and I swear the window is maybe a couple of hours.

I almost passed on the GQ packs but I thought, well, I'm here, don't want to leave empty-handed.

Glad I did, the Robert is a sweet-looking card.

I also pulled a green Harper out of one of the bonus cello packs as well as the RCs of Bichette and Aquino, not to mention the tarot card insert of Mike Trout!

Pretty nice consolation prizes.

I highly doubt I'll see any more Prizm Draft in my area, so I may have to trade for the Young or buy one online down the road.

Nice work RJ. Nobody messes with the retail king.
Desert racing baseball card collector? Yeah, that's not weird...

(04-10-2020, 04:07 PM)flamethrower Wrote: Nice work RJ. Nobody messes with the retail king.
Ha! I wish ... they are kicking my a-- right now.

I mean, the entire reason I made it back to the store by 7:45 a.m. this morning was I knew they probably hadn't sniffed out the product yet.

I went right back to the bottom shelf where I got them last night and couldn't believe they were cleared out.

I mean, I knew they wouldn't last through the weekend but this was ridiculous.

Luckily pulling the Robert made up for it, otherwise it would have been a wasted trip.