Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stress? Not any more!

Stress? Not any more!
2020...Wow, what a year so far.Undecided

Stress is everywhere, but not for me now because 3 things have happened for me recently:

1. I found toilet paper
2. I am able to work from home
3. 2019 Elite Extra Edition released in early December has been priced

Whew...Big Grin

(this is supposed to lighten the mood among those of you who have stress from some unknown sources lately)

P.S. I could have added a 4th reason about Bernie Sanders dropping out of the political race, but we should never get political on this site, so I did not mention it above to avoid any drama or ruffling of feathers.

RE: Stress? Not any more!
Congratulations on finding Toilet Paper! I havent seen a roll anywhere in over a month.

(04-09-2020, 08:54 AM)jbissell Wrote: Congratulations on finding Toilet Paper! I havent seen a roll anywhere in over a month.
The secret is to go first thing in the morning. I haven't needed any, but when I've gone for other things I've seen it on the shelves before 8 a.m.
Kepler

The poop coupons thing is still so weird to me... All the stores here in SoCal sold out of TP long before any of the cleaning/disinfecting stuff, or hand sanitizer. And those all before any of the food. I am able to work from home as well (been for close to a month now) which has been good. Wonder when this will all subside and what it will look like after. I honestly do not mind the social distancing when out in public, wished it was like that before.
Desert racing baseball card collector? Yeah, that's not weird...

Personally, I think number three is an ok substitute for number one, in case of "number two".

I'm actually considered "essential personnel", so I must trudge out in this soup every day. A good number of employees at my place are "self quarantining".

I kinda wish people would take this more seriously. I started out not being too concerned because we're all being cautious (gloves, masks and often hand washing). However since I don't work directly with the public, it wasn't until I was in the store during open hours that I could see how many people are coming in - no gloves, no mask, touching EVERYTHING. Crowding down aisles, grabbing all the toilet paper and pushing through looking for cough/cold medicine. It seems the entire family MUST all shop together, nobody is staying home. We had to hire security to only allow so many people in at a time, many of whom are be told how that are "number one", by holding one finger up to them (hint- NOT the index finger).

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

What a year so far is right February seems like a decade ago not 40 days. I still try to keep a mix of hope with the fear of or for the future. Be safe Everyone

This is very funny and at the same time with each subsequent day of the pandemic, it sounds more and more scary, lol. But the most important thing is that you were able to buy some toilet paper, as there are rumors that the quarantine will soon be strengthened. My anxiety about this is growing and I can't distract myself even with such funny posts, so I have to find my comfort in https://www.koalitymedicinals.com/. This helps me, and if carŠ°nitine continues like this, then you should add cbd gummies to your list.

Here are some facts that should relieve some stress:

Every visit to Walmart during 2020 included a 6-pack of toilet paper as there was plenty starting in June/July. Now i have over 100 rolls in my storage without hoarding.

My office has 35 people. 6 have been tested since March 2020 with zero testing positive, and only 3 have an enclosed office wall.

None of my family in MN or CA have tested positive.

Only 17% of spouses test positive if the other gets COVID.

Relax...it is not armageddon. It is just another virus that can take out less than 1.5% of elderly or weak individuals.

I care more about the hoarding of retail cards from the big box stores than TP. It's nice to be able to buy a blaster or 10 (LOL) when shopping, but it's not the end of the world either. There are so many outlets / ways for picking up what I like I've thrown the towel looking for retail. Adjust and adapt and do what makes me happy.
*When it's all said and done - all we have left is our reputation.

Phillies_Joe Wrote:Adjust and adapt and do what makes me happy.

Words to live by.