`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Hit at Walmart!

Big Hit at Walmart!
About a week ago before things really started getting crazy my local Walmart finally put their baseball stock out (it always seems to disappear in the winter).

I picked up a blaster of 2020 Heritage and got ....... nothing much at all.

BUT

They also had these kicking around. Just not sure if I should open them now or hold on to them for a bit.

[Image: thwoYR4l.jpg]
I collect Allen & Ginter, Aroldis Chapman, Yoan Moncada, and Cuban Players!

RE: Big Hit at Walmart!
(03-19-2020, 08:53 PM)ThomasAA23 Wrote: About a week ago before things really started getting crazy my local Walmart finally put their baseball stock out (it always seems to disappear in the winter).

You do know that Walmart has absolutely nothing to do with the card section up front in their stores, right? That space is used by a third party who sends a rep in to stock that section. That's why Walmart doesn't give a flying fistdrop about that section, or how much gets stolen, it's not their product.

''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

(03-20-2020, 07:26 AM)jaykayzee Wrote: You do know that Walmart has absolutely nothing to do with the card section up front in their stores, right? That space is used by a third party who sends a rep in to stock that section. That's why Walmart doesn't give a flying fistdrop about that section, or how much gets stolen, it's not their product.
I didn't realize it worked that way. I am in Canada and the Walmart near me is pretty small so it is always a treat to find some cards (baseball, hockey or basketball) on the shelf. It is rare if they ever have anything in stock.

2018 Update! Wow! I wouldnt be able to resist! You gotta open those!!

If you do open them, let us know what you got!

Sweet find! Those go for a nice bit now. I would have opened them too! No will power..

How much did you pay for those? Were they discounted?

(03-20-2020, 09:29 PM)cspen Wrote: How much did you pay for those? Were they discounted?
Unfortunately, they were not discounted. They were each $25+tax (Canadian).

(03-20-2020, 09:32 PM)ThomasAA23 Wrote: Unfortunately, they were not discounted. They were each $25+tax (Canadian).
ouch!!
I hope you got at least one Acuna Jr rc.

Knowing what I know about the card sharks and card searchers and card thieves here in the states I open EVERYTHING I buy at Walmart immediately after my purchase.
I have had several blaster and hanger boxes tampered with in the past.
Someone may have opened those boxes removed the 2018 cards and replaced them with 1988 Wax Packs. That happened twice. Once each pack was sliced open and a few of the better cards, I will assume, were missing. Buyer beware at Walmart, because it is run by a third party vendor, the staff there do not care.
[Image: Ch4Mt.png]
I guess if I saved used tinfoil and used tea bags instead of old comic books and old baseball cards, the difference between a crazed hoarder and a savvy collector is in that inherent value.

(03-21-2020, 07:01 AM)DrMitchJ Wrote: Knowing what I know about the card sharks and card searchers and card thieves here in the states I open EVERYTHING I buy at Walmart immediately after my purchase.
I have had several blaster and hanger boxes tampered with in the past.
Someone may have opened those boxes removed the 2018 cards and replaced them with 1988 Wax Packs. That happened twice. Once each pack was sliced open and a few of the better cards, I will assume, were missing. Buyer beware at Walmart, because it is run by a third party vendor, the staff there do not care.
I have never heard of this happening before! These still look pretty good, sealed in the original Topps shrink wrap.