Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Monster Consolation Prize out of Opening Day Blaster

Monster Consolation Prize out of Opening Day Blaster
Friends,

So for some reason I've been obsessed with finding the Luis Robert SP out of the new 2020 Topps Opening Day baseball.

Yes, it would be a great add to my White Sox PC, but I think more than anything it's been a nice distraction from the news and personal family stuff that's been going on.

Anyway, long story short ... I tried pulling the Robert out of a total of 10 mega boxes over the last few days.

Nada ... Zeprock, this goes to show you how crazy that was that you pulled him out of one pack!

I originally stayed away from regular blasters because they had fewer cards, ergo longer odds to pull the Robert.

So I grabbed the last four blasters at my local Target last night.

No Robert (!), but in the last blaster I did manage to pull this ...

[Image: Yordan.jpg]

Pretty crazy pull ... these blasters were even on discount so this set me back all of $9.15!

It's numbered 14/40, hard to see on the bottom left.

And yes, the "relic" is actually a small handful of Minute Maid Park stadium used dirt.

RE: Monster Consolation Prize out of Opening Day Blaster
Wow! Awesome pull!
I collect Allen & Ginter, Aroldis Chapman, Yoan Moncada, and Cuban Players!

(03-17-2020, 01:39 PM)ThomasAA23 Wrote: Wow! Awesome pull!
Thank you ... was definitely not expecting it.

I also pulled a Christian Yelic Major League Mementos relic card of a stadium banner or something in one of the other blasters.

The four blasters were way better than the 10 mega boxes!

WOW! The Retail King has returned!! Congrats I saw a 20 box case opened and they only got one dirt relic and it wasn't autographed !

You need to bottle up some of your recent luck and send it to the Tigers or Lions.

(03-17-2020, 01:51 PM)magneto2 Wrote: WOW! The Retail King has returned!! Congrats I saw a 20 box case opened and they only got one dirt relic and it wasn't autographed !
This just goes to show you the randomness of trading cards.

Zeprock bought one pack and pulled the card I couldn't pull in 10 mega boxes, four blasters and three jumbos.

Then I pull the Alvarez relic auto that someone else couldn't in 20 boxes.

Crazy.

I call that Retail King luck!

(03-17-2020, 04:13 PM)magneto2 Wrote: I call that Retail King luck!
Thanks man.

I can't take too much credit because I did clear them out, no "special powers" this time.

But, I will say this, they were sitting there for a few days so I am lucky that they weren't gone.

The other thing is, had I pulled a Robert out of the mega boxes I wouldn't have grabbed the blasters.

Opening Day tends to sit on the shelf for a while, so maybe I'll casually grab one here or there.

Robert's regular RC will likely be in Series 2 like Jimenez, Tatis and Alonso last year ... assuming the season gets started on time.

I'm (probably) done with this product.

Wow! Nicely done!

(03-17-2020, 04:55 PM)jbissell Wrote: Wow! Nicely done!
The Diamond Relic autos are like 1:9,119 packs or something crazy like that.

The funny thing is, in the first of the four blasters, I also pulled a Major League Mementos relic card of Christian Yelich (say that 10 times fast, LOL)

The odds on pulling one of those was 1:937 packs, so prety crazy to pull both cards out of four blasters from the same store.