`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: What do the Bears do?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Draft a QB
0%
0 0%
Draft a RB
0%
0 0%
Trade the 43rd and 50th for a veteran QB
0%
0 0%
Trade the 43rd, 50th, and a 2021 1st for a slightly better veteran QB
0%
0 0%
Draft a position of need
100.00%
5 100.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At #43 the Bears should...

At #43 the Bears should...
Not trying to steal Nate's thunder but it was going to take FOREVER to get to the Bears first pick Smile.

RE: At #43 the Bears should...
"Be Thankful They Have Khalil Mack"

LOL

I'd be inclined to go with a "best player available" approach. Seek out a bridge veteran to compete with Trubisky this season then potentially use a 1st on a QB in 2021. They don't need to waste draft capital to move up a hair if no one transcendent is left on the board. It's not like they're just a quarterback away from being elite.
Collect BARRY SANDERS, Tom Brady, Bama Alums and Randy Moss
[Image: cfFrftN.png]
I only give DC for trades over $50

(03-02-2020, 03:57 PM)foleylion08 Wrote: I'd be inclined to go with a "best player available" approach. Seek out a bridge veteran to compete with Trubisky this season then potentially use a 1st on a QB in 2021. They don't need to waste draft capital to move up a hair if no one transcendent is left on the board. It's not like they're just a quarterback away from being elite.
Offer the Saints this pick for Bridgewater and see if they bite.

(03-02-2020, 05:23 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Offer the Saints this pick for Bridgewater and see if they bite.
They are in a better spot than that...Bridgewater is FA!
(03-02-2020, 12:48 PM)jplarson Wrote: Not trying to steal Nate's thunder but it was going to take FOREVER to get to the Bears first pick Smile.
Haha! Patience man, patience! As a Bears fan, that should be a familiar mantra now :p

I think they should draft a WR of OL with that first pick. Nagy doesn't seem to know what to do with a RB, so I wouldn't pick another one lol. If Love were still here by some miracle, or Eason, I'd be tempted though.

The first four options were the LOL options since, y'know, Bears gotta Bear. The eldritch horror of thinkpieces I've seen written lately are sadness inducing. Talks about Andy Dalton saving the day, picking up Paul Richardson (who is somehow better than Taylor Gabriel???), pursuing Austin Hooper's contract while still footing the bill for Philly Special Burton. Some reason going after Tyler Eiffert (why??????????). I get they are trying to generate clicks but yikes!

I'm fine with the Bears using the two 2nds to grab an offensive lineman, a middle linebacker (if they fail to keep Kwiatkoski) and another defensive back. Then draft a couple developmental WRs, Robinson/Miller are a fine combo, trade for Alshon Jeffery, get Ridley some more snaps, have Trubisky running more again, we'll be right as rain!

Seriously, bring Alshon back home. Cutler criminally underused him and Wentz the same. Interesting how some of Alshon's best games came with backup Foles and backup McCown running the offense.

(03-03-2020, 10:33 AM)savagenate Wrote: They are in a better spot than that...Bridgewater is FA!

Haha! Patience man, patience! As a Bears fan, that should be a familiar mantra now :p

I think they should draft a WR of OL with that first pick. Nagy doesn't seem to know what to do with a RB, so I wouldn't pick another one lol. If Love were still here by some miracle, or Eason, I'd be tempted though.
That would be ironic if they drafted Jacob Eason after what they did to his dad's team in the Super Bowl back in the day.