`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pretty Happy with Topps Series 1 Blaster!

Pretty Happy with Topps Series 1 Blaster!
Friends,

I picked up my one and only 2020 Topps Series 1 blaster on my way in to work this morning.

First pack ... Bo Bichette 1985 insert and Mike Trout Turkey Red insert!

(I was already thrilled with the box at this point - that Bichette was the card I wanted the most and is a relatively tough pull)

Later in the blaster I pulled the Aristides Aquino Turkey Red card as well as the 1985 Yordan Alvarez insert.

I also pulled a Bryce Harper Turkey Red card for good measure.

My medallion RC was Sammy Sosa - could have been better but still a cool add to my White Sox collection.

Really good stuff, I am officially done with this product.

RE: Pretty Happy with Topps Series 1 Blaster!
(02-24-2020, 02:32 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Friends,

I picked up my one and only 2020 Topps Series 1 blaster on my way in to work this morning.

First pack ... Bo Bichette 1985 insert and Mike Trout Turkey Red insert!

(I was already thrilled with the box at this point - that Bichette was the card I wanted the most and is a relatively tough pull)

Later in the blaster I pulled the Aristides Aquino Turkey Red card as well as the 1985 Yordan Alvarez insert.

I also pulled a Bryce Harper Turkey Red card for good measure.

My medallion RC was Sammy Sosa - could have been better but still a cool add to my White Sox collection.

Really good stuff, I am officially done with this product.
Nice! What's next for you on the retail list?

(02-24-2020, 07:08 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: Nice! What's next for you on the retail list?
I may do some Opening Day to swoop up any of the RCs I didn't pull in Series 1 (Lux and Lazardo are the biggest ones I can think of) ... plus, there are usually a couple of offseason updates in new unis (Cole, Rendon maybe), not to mention some of the Series 2 vets that they release early.

Otherwise, unless a new rookie emerges out of nowhere, I already have the 2019 Bowman stuff of guys like Franco, Bart, etc., so I may take it easy on baseball this year.

I'm not too into the design of Heritage this year, and I don't think I even did more than a single blaster of GQ or A&G last year.

It's not that I don't like those products, but my budget is waaaay less than it used to be.

I'll probably wait until WalMart Holiday comes out to do a decent amount of retail.

What about you?

I went crazy and pre-ordered 6 hobby boxes of 2020 Bowman Sterling and plan to get a case of Finest that a friend may split with me. That will wipe out most of my 2020 budget.

(02-25-2020, 02:55 PM)kerryandbeth Wrote: I went crazy and pre-ordered 6 hobby boxes of 2020 Bowman Sterling and plan to get a case of Finest that a friend may split with me. That will wipe out most of my 2020 budget.
Very nice!

I've always been a fan of Bowman Sterling ... traded for this fellow back in the day!

[Image: Trout-Sterling-Front.jpg]

He's one of the lucky ones that survived the purge!

Good for you to hang on to it! Even the name 'Bowman Sterling' creates images of sophistication and beauty in my head...LOL

So I went back through the cards I pulled in my Vlad Jr. tin ... didn't realize the Bichette Decade's Next insert was a blue parallel!

Definitely done with this product, LOL